Chapter 6

With legs crossed and mouth pressed in a thin line, Chanyeol sipped his coffee and put it back down. Being the patient person he was, he remained calm and collected in waiting for Byun Baekhyun to come already. It was still a little early though but Chanyeol liked being early. He was never late and he hated being late, but he was very patient.

He looked at his watch, checking the time which say it was still 9:55. He should better use his time wisely than keep on waiting for the minutes to pass without doing something resourceful, so he decided to call on his secretary.

"Hello," he greeted after the other line has answered the call.

"Yes, Mr. Park, you called?" A female voice asked.

"Is there anything going on the company?" He asked, checking if the company was alright.

"Yes, Mr. Park," his secretary answered, "Just a small problem, the board members were asking about the merger proposal. They wanted you to sign the contract officially in an instant. They're very eager to work with Byun Holdings. They also want to hold a meeting with the said company."

Chanyeol paused, sipping his coffee again. "Tell them that they shouldn't worry about it, Mr. Byun and I are going to talk about that matter right now," he ordered the lady.

"Yes, Mr. Park. I'll make sure they'll get the message."

"Okay, I'll hung up."

He finally ended the call and put his phone back on his pocket. Looking once again at his watch, the time says it's already 10. And with that, he noticed a familiar figure sitting in front of him. "Just in time, Mr. Byun."

A smile went up to Baekhyun's lips involuntarily. "This is such a nice place," he uttered while looking at the surroundings. Calm atmosphere, peaceful aura and the fascinating scent of coffee and freshly baked muffins made him feel elated at the moment.

Chanyeol, too, looked at his surroundings before landing his eyes on Baekhyun. "You haven't been here?" He asked which was replied with a nod.

He was surprised at the answer. Maybe the guy was too busy to even roam in Japan. He felt regretful at the guy. Japan was obviously one of the most wonderful landspots on Earth and Baekhyun haven't got the time to even take a walk around it. "You've been busy, huh?"

"Yeah," Baekhyun simply answered with a small glimpse of sadness in his eyes.

"You should find time for yourself, Baekhyun," he said worriedly, "Life is too short. So be happy and free while you still can."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the point. He knows life is too short. And that's the reason why he's been working hard to have the success he had long wanted. "Whatever," he retorted, not taking what Chanyeol had said as an advice.

"So, about the deal," he finally began, changing the topic in a serious one, "I'm agreeing to it."

Chanyeol's face lightened up. Knew you would agree. He wanted to say but he surpressed it by sipping a coffee and putting it back down while Baekhyun was watching his actions intently. "Hmm?" The giant asked at the sudden stare of the latter.

"But I have a condition," Baekhyun blurted out. Of course, a condition. Chanyeol thought, thinking that this would come. "What is it?" He asked.

"A contract. Agreement. Proof. Whatever," he answered with a tone of unsurenesss.

"Okay," Chanyeol agreed. It would be better that way, too. "We could start the contract now," he suggested.

"Now?! Seriously?! Don't be so excited, Park."

"I'm not excited," Chanyeol remarked calmly, "I'm just making sure you won't back out."