Chapter 17: Munity

Amelia was quick to take action. She stormed over to the closet and opened it. "Pirates on my ship? I'll see they all hang!" She said as grabbed something. She threw a pistol at Delbert, one that was freshly loaded. "Doctor, familiar with these?"

He caught it and held it away from him like it was about to bite him. "Oh, I've seen, well I've read..." That's when a laser bullet fired and destroyed the globe next to the closest. We all stared at the wreckage with wide eyes. "Uh, no. No, I'm not." The captain rolled her eyes as Morph examined the map in her hands. I flinched when I heard a buzzing sound. Jim and I turned around and saw sparks flying into the room. They're trying to melt the lock!

     "Mr. Hawkins! Miss Emma! Defend this with your life." Amelia said as she threw the map at Jim. Morph caught it mid air and started zooming around, believing it was a new toy.

    "Morph!" Jim said. He grabbed the map and tugged it out of his mouth. "Give me that!" He put it in his pocket. Amelia grabbed a riffle from the wall and loaded it.

    "Stand back!" She ordered as she fired it to the ground. The wood chips blasted away, leaving a large hole in the ground. "Jump in, there's no time to waste!" I jumped in after the captain and fell past all the wires until we landed in a deck above the longboats. We ran all the way there, with Amelia in the front, Jim and I in the middle and Delbert in the back. He tripped and managed to fall down the flight of stairs, landing on his stomach. We looked back and saw the pirates hot on our tails.

     Amelia quickly grabbed Delbert by his coat and jerked him onto his feet before closing the door. "Thank you!" Delbert yelled. Amelia fired the riffle at the door, destroying the lock.

     "To the longboats, quickly!" She ordered. The three of us ran and got into a longboat as the captain opened the switch to open the belly of the ship. Jim and I ran over to the other end of the boat and watched the ground reveal the green planet. We glanced up to see the captain running towards the boat and hopping in with an acrobatic like flip.

     That's when Morph grabbed the map from Jim's pocket with his mouth. "Morph! No!" Jim yelled as he tried to catch him. The blob flew away from the boat. I jumped off the boat and landed on the platform trying to get him. "Emma! Get back here!" Jim yelled.

    "Jim!" Delbert yelled. I glanced back for a moment to see Delbert yanking Jim back just as lasers started firing. All I could hear was the shots and yelling. I chased after Morph, trying to get the map from him. He was laughing like it was a game.

     "Morph! Get over here, Morph!" I yelled. He zoomed under me then above. My hands were reaching out to get him but he was too fast.

     "Morph!" Silver called. I looked over at him and saw him crotch a little and waved his hands towards him, trying to get him. "Morphy, come here." He added before whistling.

     "Morph, Morph, come on over here." I said trying to make myself look friendly. My nerves were on edge from being close to the man who lied to me. I can't let it show. The blob started floating over to me but stopped when he heard Silver.

    "Come here. Come here, boy. Come to your dad."

    "Come here boy, come on."

    The poor blob looked at us in confusion. He must be under a lot of pressure deciding who to go to. We both continued to call him but the pressure was too much. He dove into a rope pile. I saw Silver try to lunge for it but his leg gave out, making him crawl the rest of the way. I was quicker and grabbed the map from the rope, before he could. We made eye contact and I felt the fear to show in my face. I clenched the map and turned around, running for the longboat as fast as I can.