ten

waking up next to my now boyfriend in my best friends flat was not what i expected. the light peering through the curtains only made the pounding headache worse. with harry still snoring beside me, i grabbed my phone from my bag that was lying on the floor beside me. tons and tons of notifications, from people i didn't even know.

celebrityspottings tweeted:
@/wroetoshaw  from popular british youtube group, 'sidemen', spotted last evening with instagram model @/abbietaylorr are they dating?!

despite the tweet having thousands of retweets, comments and likes, i was hoping most people hadn't seen it, or at least didn't believe it. harry and i were new, still getting to know each other. we had spoke about potentially doing a video for his second channel at some point, but not yet. we didn't want people getting involved in our relationship, or to have the chance to destroy it. looking at harry, still sound asleep, i clicked on the replies of the tweet:

@/sdmnfan101 she's so pretty, i hope they are
@/ilovesdmn they'd be so cute together awww
@/lovexix bless him 🥹 she's beautiful

some of the comments were really nice, and for a moment i thought we had gotten away with this. if people were fine with us together then what's the big deal? but then i seen the rest of the replies, the ones the other girls had warned me about:

@/w2sisbae as if she stands a chance with him
@/harryismine nah wtf she's literally so ugly
@/w2sismine probs using him for followers

these were only some of the horrible things sent to me. most of my comments and dm's were filled with hate from harry's fans. instead of waking up harry, i got up and went through to the living area, hoping to find freya or josh.

"morning," freya laughed, checking her watch to see the time was 11:36am, not really morning anymore.

"hey frey, have you seen all the stuff being posted about me and harry?" i sighed, showing her my phone.

"oh what the fuck," she replied, taking the phone from my hands, "has harry seen this?"

"he's still sleeping," i say, pointing in the direction of the spare bedroom.

"go wake him up," she replied passing me my phone, "i'll go get josh."

walking back to the bedroom, i realised harry had already woken up. still in last nights clothes, like i was, he was sat up against the headboard, scrolling through his phone.

"oh there you are," he chuckled tiredly and ran his hand through his hair, "was worried you had left me."

"not yet," i laughed awkwardly, sitting beside him on the bed.

"you okay?" he asked, looking at me.

"have you seen all of this?" i questioned, passing him my phone.

"fuck sake," he replied, covering his face with his hands.

"what do we do?" i asked him. i had never been in a public relationship before. harry, on the other hand, had a relationship that people knew about, but it was still very private, so this was new to the both of us.

"i don't bloody know, do i?" he snapped back at me, standing up from the bed.

"where are you going?" i followed him out of the room back to where freya and i were stood previously, only this time she was joined with josh.

"harry, man, you don't need to be like that," josh said to him after overhearing our conversation.

"it's actually pissing me off though," he sighed and took a seat on the sofa, "they just try time, and time again, to ruin every bit of privacy i have in my life."

josh and freya sat on the sofa across from the one he was sitting on, and i sat beside him, "it isn't my fault, i didn't want everyone finding out like that either."

"i know, i'm sorry," he sighed and once again, put his head in his hands.

"you did post abbie on your story last night, harry," freya said, turning her phone round to show the photo and caption he had posted.

"oh shit," he replied.

"honestly, you're probably best to just ignore it for now. when you guys are ready, address it then. but for now, just try and let it blow over," josh said, trying to calm the situation down a bit.

"yeah, exactly. they'll find something else to get involved in soon, don't worry," freya replied, giving us both a smile.

~

a few hours later and i was back at my own flat, still scrolling through the constant dm's and hate comments i was getting. i was sitting on my sofa, rolled in a blanket like a burrito, and had 'friday night dinner' playing in the background. nothing could distract me from my own phone, though. there was so many of them.

freya🧚‍♀️

freya
hey girl, you ok? xx

i sighed at the notification, but was glad i had a friend like her.

abbie
yeah x

freya
when people found out
about me and josh, i was
scared too. i know how
horrible their fans can be,
please try and not take
them to heart. i love you
xxx

abbie
aww freya :( i love you ❤️‍🩹

after speaking to freya for a bit, i decided i actually had to make an effort to distract myself and phoned harry.

"hello, you okay?" harry questioned as he answered the phone.

smiling at the sound of his voice, i replied, "yeah, can i come over?"

"of course you can," he laughed softly.

"okay, i'll be there soon."

~

"hello," harry smiled as he opened the door for me.

"hi," i smiled, giving him a hug and a quick kiss, before walking over to the sofa and pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"you okay?" harry asked, taking a seat next to me.

"yeah," i smiled, putting my phone away and cuddling into him.

"i'm sorry for snapping at you earlier," he sighed, stroking my hair as i led my head on his shoulder, "i shouldn't of taken it out on you, it was my own fault."

"harry," i looked up at him, "it's okay, i get you were annoyed. we were both drunk last night, like we even ended up at freya and josh's instead of mine."

"i know how hurtful those fans can be, i've seen the things they've said about freya, talia, faith, etc, and i've seen what they've said about you," he replied looking back at me, "i would understand if you wanted to just be friends because of it, i just want you to be happy."

"i am happy. you make me so happy, harry. the comments, yeah, they hurt. but i wouldn't change us because of them," i smiled slightly at him, "sometimes, i do wish we had more 'normal' lives. lives where we could post whatever we wanted and not have to care about what people think. but it doesn't matter, i'm happy. are you happy?"

"yeah," he smiled, "extremely happy."

"then that's all that matters then," i replied, laying my head back on his shoulder.

"do you want to do a reddit video with me?" he asked awkwardly after a few minutes of silence.

"i'd love to do a reddit video for wroetoshaw," i laughed.

"brilliant," he smiled, "i'll sort it tomorrow."