1. A shortcut

"For god sake, for once I get invited to a party and I am late! "

There I was, walking in high heels, trying to be at the club on time. I swear those shoes are made by men, to prevent women from runnina away. To get there sooner, I took a shortcut through the park. At nighttime it's pretty creepy to walk through it, it's almost like walking across a graveyard. I know it's not wise to be here alone, in the dark, but the fear of losing my only friend was greater. She gave me this one last chance to go out with her, since I have a talent to be late...and that all the time.

I opened the gate to the park; it howls loud, it literally could wake the dead. Slowly, I went down the path towards the other side. The club was already in sight, with all their lights shining. Without paying any attention to myself, I fell over a branch, "Owww." I watched as my knee began to bleeding a little. I spotted the nearest bench on my left and sat down. Next to me seems to be someone homeless, sleeping under a pile of newspaper. My wound began to get worse, bleeding badly now; I didn't have anything to wipe it away. "I hope you don't mind, mate" I said, taking one page of paper off him and cleaned my leg. I tossed the paper back to him, ready to get up, as a loud groan came from behind. I turned around, only to see another homeless man, pretending to be a zombie. I thought it was a tasteless joke of theirs, "Very funny, mate. It isn't Halloween yet." I shook the guy on the bench, "Oi, is he an acquaintance of yours?" meaning the guy behind me. Suddenly, he jumped underneath the papers towards me, doing the same act like his friend. "Cut it out, that is not funny!"

Bang! Bang!

Two gunshots had hit them right in the head, turning them into ashes. "Bloody hell!!!" I yelled, backing away. "Didn't anyone tell you, it's unwise to walk through the night alone, especially as a woman?" The voice came from the same direction as the gunshots; a man appeared covered in red clothes. "And did anyone tell you, that nobody likes a smartass?!" I yelled back, trying to calm my heart from beating fast. "Such a sharp tongue...really...humans are such fascinating creatures" he chuckled at my reply. I could only roll my eyes, before clapping my hands together, "Okay, I get it...where's the camera?"

"Camera?"

"Yes camera, you don't expect me to believe that all this is real!?" In one blink of my eyes, he stood before me...very close "Oh crap, how did you..." he shushed me with a finger on my lips "First, I am not deaf and second, it's all real...let me allow you to demonstrate." I wasn't sure of what to expect, as he leaned down to lick off my wound from earlier "Stop that, that's filthy...you only making it..." the wound was half way closed, "...worse?"

I inspected my wound with interest, it healed just fine. "How did you..." I looked around, he was already gone "...do that?" Completely irritated of the situation I have just witnessed, I screamed up at the sound of my ringtone. My friends left a message for me "Oh damn it...I am late .... again!!!"

In the meantime, I wasn't aware that I have been followed by red eyes all the way to the party.