29. Game of death

"No!!!!"

Jumping out of the chair, causing not to fall backwards. The loud bang made everyone stare at us. My friend didn't see the problem, facing the others, "Relax she is just shy." Her teeth on my skin or should I say, fangs, had changed my mind. How scared was I for not knowing what she truly is?! Even with Alucard I wasn't that slow!

"I don't want to be like you!"

"Shame N\A, its really a shame. In this case you leave me no choice...but to kill you."

Cold sweat rolled down my forehead, as adrenalin shot through my body. The others had a better idea, "hey let us be a part of the hunt. How about a game? The first one that catches her, gets the first bite." My friend finds this a great idea, "Splendid, but to make this fair, I give you a headstart." Suddenly, lights were turned on, revealing an entire room...full of vampires.

"Start running N\A, I will count to ten...then...I come for you."

Remembering Alucard's words, he said that it is not wise to run away from a vampire. But in this situation, what else is there to do? Taking the nearest door, I was out the building. Inside, I heard them all count down, "Ten...nine...eight..." Where shall I go? I needed something to defend myself! In a shop down the street, I could see crosses in the window. Better than nothing, I thought. With the small stature from the fast food store next to it, I smashed the window. Grabbing on giant cross and three bottles of holy water. Don't know why they sell such things though. It doesn't look like a shop for vampire hunters. Anyhow, running towards the cinema, I stole some garlic from the grocery store I passed by. Cross, holy water and garlic...this should do the trick. There probably finished with their countdown, tracking my scent by now. From the distance, screams where heard. It seems that they attack everyone getting in their way. This is bad, involving innocent people on the chase and this in the middle of London. That is not fair at all! There has to be a way to destroy them. A tarpaulin, lying over the watermelon, gave me an idea. In an alley around the corner, I tied it from one wall to the other. On top, I filled it with water and the holy water. All that is left, is a bait. With a tissue, I bit into my finger and soaked it with my blood. Not too many vampires were falling for the trap though, but a few is better than nothing. In a circle, they inspected the tissue. In the meantime, I pulled on the ropes, releasing the water. Like acid, it burned away the creatures. Their screams died down in seconds. Another idea came up, but for this, I needed a few more crosses and a room. Taking the shop for it was the best thing to do. It contains to much things linked to religious things, it was the perfect place to torture a demon...or demons. In ever corner, doors, windows and walls, was at least a dozen crosses placed. A lot more of the monsters came by, following me into the room. Thankfully the main door closes itself, so I took the back door. They weren't killed, but trapped. Let's hope that no one dares to open the door from the outside. Pleased with my work, I ran to the next street. What I saw just now, was worse than the show I had to watch. Several limbs, were decorating the street, heads hanging by their hairs together and thrown over the street lights. "Vile demons", I said out loud. My eyes staring towards a shadow. I didn't have to ask who it was, her appearance gave it away. It was my old friend.

"You really are causing trouble, are you N\A?"

Full of hate I answered, "YOU are the trouble here! Killing others was not part of the game!"

She shrugged, "It wasn't? We made that decision, as you left the room in a hurry."

"You sick, all of you!!!!"

"Are we? And your one night stand wasn't?" Why is she bringing that one up now? Her eyes turned ice cold and her lips formed to a deep frown, "I wanted to be one of the originals...like him. Bitten by a true vampire is a great honor to get, but he refused to turn me into one. Okay, another creature had already his turn, all he could do, was to share his blood with me." Stepping back she came closer, pointing her finger towards me, "You are the problem, he refused because of you!!!" I didn't see her coming, with one blink, she stood right before me. The next, I was dangling in the air by my throat, "Once you are no longer around, I may have a second chance." Before my sight got blurry, I reached for the garlic and threw it into her face. She hissed, releasing me quick. "You cow!!!!"

Breathing for air, I had crawled away. With no more things to protect myself, I had nowhere to go, no plans and either. Leaning against a wall, was the only thing my last bit of strength could help me with. By that time, she had removed all the garlic off her and stomped into my direction, "I have enough of games, you death...will be a quick one."

"Stop talking, just do it!" I spat out, annoyed by her voice.

Instead of biting my neck, she lifted me up and smashed my body against another wall. Pain shot through me, hearing a few cracks. Lying on my stomach, she pressed her high heel into my hip. Not only did it impale through my skin, it also broke my bones. The pain was unbearable, which gave me no choice, but to scream out.