Chapter 9 - Fake Double Date

This morning after hardly getting any sleep. I texted Julie, I know she's pissed about last night. But I have to tell her what happened? After me and Reggie walked to the edge of her garage entrance. So I shot her an emergency text. Next thing I know she's calling. As soon as I pick up all I heard was, "Hey what's wrong? Are you ok?" She said in a panic. "Yeah, but I need to tell my best friend the good news," Flynn said kind of excited. "Well spit it out Flynn," Julie yelled anxious. Flynn paused for dramatic effects and said, "I have a date with Reggie tonight," Julie was speechless. Just lying in her bed quietly thinking.

"Julie are you there? Julie," Flynn said in the phone. "Yeah, yeah I'm here. That's great Flynn," Julie said. She didn't even know they liked each other. She just thought it was innocent flirting. Why can't Luke be like Reggie and just ask me out? I mean we have way more chemistry than they do. I want to be happy for Flynn. I do, but I can't right now. "Hey Flynn, I'm happy for you but I need to get some sleep. I will call you later," Julie said as she hung up. Without giving Flynn a chance to respond.

I knew what that was about. She can't be happy for me because Luke is too damn chicken to ask her out. I know something that would definitely light a fire under his ass. A double date with Julie tonight. That way he will see her with another guy and hopefully crash the date. Exposing his feelings for her. He seems like the who would do a romantic jester. I texted Reggie and told him my plan. He said he was down. To plant the seed in Luke's head that Julie has a date tonight. He also informed Alex, who hated the whole idea, to go with the plan. Because they all hoped this would be the push there friend needed to get his girl.

Now all I have to do is find a guy to trick Julie into coming out with me tonight. I have a lot to get done. Then I remembered that Julie has a crush on Jennifer's now ex boyfriend Nick. "Ooh this is perfect," Flynn said to herself. I can get back at Jennifer and get Luke to stop being a wimp all in one swoop. It's a win win for me. I just secretly hope it doesn't back fire.

I need to get out of my house. I just need to go somewhere no one could find me. What am I saying Flynn would always find me. She would always tell me she was the crazy glue of best friends. Laughing at the thought, I drift back to Luke, why is it so hard for him to express his feelings for me? For Christ sake we kissed twice! Now I get nothing. But Flynn and Reggie flirt for a month. And somehow they're about to go on a date. Is it me? Am I the problem? I thought to myself. As I ended up at my childhood park. Where me, Flynn and some of the other kids came when we were really young.

I head to the swing, maybe God can answer these questions. I get on the swing then realized my ass isn't as small as it use to be. So I adjust myself so I could fit. I started kicking my legs back and forth, who do I see? Of course Nick and Flynn walking my way. I knew she would find me. Imagine my surprise when she stopped at the sandbox entrance and Nick headed towards me. I felt butterflies in the pit of my stomach. All the feelings I felt for him when he was with Jennifer came rushing back. Once he reached me he grabbed the swing in mid air and pulled it towards him causing it to stop. Then he slowly gently brought it down so I wouldn't fall.

"Hey Jules," he said as I just sat there looking up at him, with a surprised look written on my face. "Hey Nick, what's up?" He smiled his jock smile and said, "Well you know me and Jen broke up again for the 30th time. I want to make her jealous. I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me? I know you liked me since forever. Honestly, I just couldn't act on it because of Jen. What do you say?" He asked. I thought about it for a brief moment. A chance to piss off Jennifer. "I'm in, not because you need my help. I have my own personal reasons for doing this," serves that bitch right. "Great so we are going to double with Flynn and Reggie. See ya tonight," he said as he walked off.

"So you ready to piss off Jen?" Flynn asked excited. "Yeah, but what about," Julie started to say but Flynn stopped her. "He had his chance Jules. Frankly more than one. He decided to take the backseat. Nick had the guts to ask. And your going so end of discussion. Let's go get us some outfits out of that closet of yours. We need to look hot for our dates tonight," Flynn said practically dragging me to my house. When we got to the garage I could see that the boys were playing around in theirs. For a minute me and Luke's eyes locked and I could see how hurt he was. Flynn saw us staring at each other and pulled me more into the garage. Then she gave a friendly push in the house.

When we got inside we ran to my room. "So what were you thinking about makeup?" Julie asked. "Keep it natural, not to crazy on your first date." Flynn said. "What about you?" Flynn looked at me crazy. " What about me? Jules you know I don't wear that shit. It gives you pimples and you know how I feel about them." "Fine, but just a natural look for me Flynn please." She begged. "Fine but I better not look like a clown or I will hurt you." Flynn said laughing with her bestie. "What are we going to wear?" Julie asked her best friend that was already in her closet throwing outfits on the bed.

When we finally decided on what to wear and how we were going to do our makeup. It was time to shower, we threw on our Victoria Secret Angel perfume, then we both got dressed. We both have on crop tops and hip hugger jeans. The only difference is Flynn's jeans has the cuts in them. I opened my window to let out the steam from the shower. As we both stand in front of my big two sided mirror. We both agreed we looked good. Definitely good enough for a dinner and a movie anyway.

We headed downstairs my door bell ranged. "Their here," we whispered to each other and check one more time how we looked before opening the door. "Damn Jules, why you don't dress like that at school," Nick said handing her Dalia's. "Thanks Nick," Julie rolls her eyes slightly. "How did you know these were my favorite flowers?" Julie asked shocked. "Before Jen we were friends you know," he said with a grin. "Flynn you look fucking hot, don't get me wrong you look good every day, but that makeup makes you stand out more, I like it." Reggie said. "Ok, shall we," Nick said leading everyone to his landrover truck.

Nick open the door for Julie, Luke was looking out the window feeling like he lost his best friend. He moved away from the curtain and wanted to cry but held it in. Alex came in the room and new exactly what to do. He told a stupid joke so Luke could feel better. But honestly, it made him feel worse. Alex then suggested that if he can't express how he feels maybe he could put it in a song.

He instantly grabbed Alex and headed to the garage. Alex helped him write all his feelings down in a song. That Luke had planned to sing to Julie when she got home. After they were finished with the song the boys headed back in the house. Going to their separate rooms. Luke decided to go to a shower.

It's been an hour and a half on the date. We decided to go to the movies first. Which I had no idea what it was since Flynn picked it out. While we were waiting for Flynn and Reggie to get the tickets. I couldn't help but check my phone, wishing that Luke would text me. Sadly though no such thing. Flynn came back my way with my ticket. Looking me in the eyes and said, "Snacks bitch," I laughed as she dragged me to the snack counter. Grabbing all the snacks I can carry there's no way I was going to be doing what Flynn and Reggie had planned to do which was make out instead of watching the movie.

After three hours we finally went to dinner. Good thing too, because I was starving. After the movie we decided to stay at the theater and play some arcade games. Nick and Reggie versus me and Flynn. To see who pays for dinner. What can I say they were cheap. Well too bad, me and Flynn won. We went to Applebee's. Nick told the hostess how many of us there was and she showed us to our seats ten minutes later. We ordered our food and then listened to Nick and Reggie talk about football. And Flynn looking bored. I saw who I wanted to see all night walk in the door.

I wondered why he was here. But secretly hoping he was here for me. But I felt a wash of guilt over me since I was next to Nick. Luke walked in the direction of us and said "Hi," to Reggie and Flynn. Then he grabbed Julie's face and gently kissed her. It pissed off Nick but Julie didn't care. She finally got to be with the guy she wanted to tonight. Once he pulled away leaving me on stuck. He said, "All you had to do was wait a little longer. When I'm around you my mind goes blank and my words fall flat that's why I wrote down how I feel about you Julie." Luke said with a smile.

"I guess this date is over. I'm glad you grow a pair bro. We knew you would. Come on let's go," Reggie said as him, Flynn, Julie, and Luke walked out leaving Nick with the bill. We dropped off Flynn and Reggie and the car. Then Luke walked me to my door. "I won't to sing my song to you," Luke said as Julie looks at her watch. "Ok, you have five minutes before my curfew," Julie explained. "Ok," he said as he took her to the garage to the piano, then pulled out the paper he wrote the song on. He started playing the piano as he motioned for her to sit next to him. Then started singing. As he sang the last part, he kissed her and finally asked Julie to be his girlfriend. She said "Yes." Then she went into her house happy that she could be with the guy she wanted in the first place.