4.

Authors note; sorry for delay, we have been on a break + very busy...

What?...I sat there in shock, while also pretending like I didn't hear him. "What did you say? I couldn't hear you." I covered my face with a napkin from hiding my smile. "Ah! Don't worry about it; sorry." He reacted. I chuckled as he started to get red from embarrassment. "Jen!" He said playfully, trying to hold in his laugh. "Moses!" I mocked his voice. He rolled his eyes at me while still trying to hold in his laugh. He started to laugh in what I could tell a chest pain outburst. His eyes started to water due to all the air he was losing each breath he wasted for his laughing. "Ah--Moses, stop. Before you end up choking or something that can leave you dying..." I said with a disturbed, worried voice. He cleared his throat. "Sorry, Jen.." He said with a small chuckle before completely stopped laughing. "It's fine, I just don't want to have to take you to the hospital, haha." "Right. Anyway, shall we leave my dear?" I was shocked. "My dear?" I thought. A man has never called me 'my dear' before. I had only received, "baby, bae, Jenni." I was shocked, and I knew my face was turning red every second of the moments we sat in the two table stools with a green coat following with white layers. "R-right. Let's leave." I said, trying to make it unobvious that I was flustered. "Sure."

And then I woke up. It was only a dream. I got up & did my usual routine, (teeth, hair, you know the vibes) then got some breakfast. "Aiko, I think I'm going to leave today." I said. "Awe, okay. Need help packing?" She asked. "No, I'm all good." I began putting my things back into the bag. I finished packing around 11, had Aiko drop me off, and arrived back home around 11:20. As I unlocked the doors, I got an eerie feeling again, but it wasn't the feeling of being watched; but a person's presence. With no other thing on my mind, I opened the door & stepped inside, shutting the door behind me. I took off my shoes and headed straight to my room. I put all my stuff away where they were before and decided to go downstairs and watch some TV. I switched through channels til one caught my eye with a certain topic; the news. I wonder what's on today.

Reporter: Breaking news! Family of three found dead early this morning!

Jenni: What the fuck?

Reporter: We are still working on finding the ti-

Background: We...Talia...dead

The people in the background were muffled, and nobody could hear clearly what they were talking about.

Reporter: Sorry folks, we're back on air! Family of three dead around 11 P.M on Saturday.

Jenni: ...

Reporter: To the family of these three, my condolences go out to you. But now, Jim will be talking to us about the weather!

I quickly turned off the TV. "What the fuck." Look. That was the same time & day the loud bangs were heard around the whole neighborhood. I began to secure my doors & windows, quickly and also quietly. I could really be in danger, and it was all because of some noise I heard around the neighborhood. "God dammit!" I screamed. It was til' then I could just be another victim of the killer. I know they haven't found them, so I needed to be cautious. I began to get a call from Aiko.

Jenni: Hello?

Aiko: Jenni?

Jenni: Yes?

Aiko: Did you hear about the killer?

Jenni: The one that killed my neighbors?

Aiko: Damn, your neighbors? You really need to be cautious girl.

Jenni: I know, I secured the doors & windows so I should be good.

Aiko: Alright. Call me if you think something is wrong. I'll be on my way.

Jenni: Okay, thank you, Aiko. I'll talk to you later.

Aiko: Alright, bye, Jen.

I then ended the call and decided to take a nap. With all this going on, I really needed to get my thought process back, and it had to be quick. I changed into my sleepwear and dozed off into my nice, thick cozy blankets that were perfect for the cold.

I woke up around 2 A.M. My sleep was peaceful and undisturbed. I knew my sleep schedule was going to be messed up due to me sleeping around 12. I started hearing creaky floorboards and heavy footsteps. I began falling from my bed, hustling to get underneath it. I knew it wasn't the smartest idea, but it was an idea that could've been used. My door opened and sure enough was a man; roughly about 6 foot and masked stepped through. "Fuck." He said. His voice sounded raspy & serious. "Where the fuck is she?" He said, getting mad. Without another word, he left the room. I stayed underneath the bed for a while til I knew he had left the house, and yes; it was frightening. I started searching for my phone, needing to call someone. "Hello?" The voice on the line said. "Moses?" I asked, wondering if it was him. "Yes, Jenni? Why are you calling me this late at night?" "Could you come over? I'll give you the address it's an emergency." "I'll be on my way."