3.

I slept through the night, peacefully at-least. "Well goodmorning!" A voice from behind called. I turned around, seeing Aiko with a smile on her face. "Goodmorning, Aiko." I said with a blank expression. I still couldn't process what happened last night, and I wanted to see him again. I wanted another hug from him; his warm long lasting cuddles in his arms. But that was a little weird coming from me, because I'm not like this. But anyway, "Aiko," I continued, "I won't be here for most of today." I said. "Why?" Aiko then asked, with a confused look. "Moses had invited me to coffee for what had happened yesterday. He's repaying me basically." And there came the silence that struck in between us. Aiko then raised an eyebrow at me. "Moses," she said, "why Moses?"- "I just said why. Anyway, I'll be off to the library. I heard my favorite author's recent book was just published into the library. I'm not taking my chances of not getting my hands on it, so I'm going to go search for it. You wanna come?" I asked. "Sure, why not?"

Shit. I have to go get ready, and the library opens at 9:50...What if people would steal all the copies before I even got to feel the hard cover and smell the fresh book pages? I walked over to the guest bedroom where I was staying.

I sat down at the vanity mirror. The first thing I did was hop on my makeup cause that face card never declining on me.  I moisturized my face and placed down my primers spreading it all over my face. Next, I concealed under my eyes & carved my eyebrows. I blended everything in and topped it off with some setting powder, blush, and highlighter.

I've been sitting around this house a lil too long, worrying about if my house is any safe yet. I've been debating about returning but Aiko has really been making her house such a home for me. I'm throwing myself off with all of these thoughts. I said to myself with a sigh, "let me tackle this hair," with shaking my head.

I picked up the the Wide tooth comb, Pink hair lotion, Blue magic, and Auntie Jackie's Leave-in conditioner. I sectioned my hair off into 4 just to make this process a bit quicker than usual. I greased my scalp, and then moisturized my hair with the Pink hair lotion & Auntie Jackie's. I started combing out my hair from the ends to the roots of my hair while also doing finger coils. Combing out my hair felt like running my hair through a vine. But, with these perms trending around, I was really considering it.. Then I was thinking like damn, I actually want my edges & curls.

I grabbed the brush and brushed my hair up into a half up half down. I wiped off my hands and picked up my phone, shit. Only 15 minutes? I had to make this quick. I reached for the cocoa butter & spread it all over my body.

I walked over to the closet and picked up my button up, low waisted jeans, and my jewelry box. Time was moving quick so I had to move quickly; I started to iron my clothes, burning myself a bit. I pulled up my jeans and pulled on my button up; buttoning up my shirt, while I slid into my sandals. I began putting on my bangles & necklaces. Then, I sprayed a bit of my Vera Wang perfume. I picked up my bag & walked out of the guest bedroom.

"Done?" Aiko asked, with her legs crossed, wearing a pink juicy couture set & purse. "Yes, I am. Let's go...I'll drive." I replied, feeling excited for my book. We got out the house around 10, hopping into the car with no other words said; yet car doors slamming as the wind's gust blew in our faces. "Damn! It's cold as hell!" Aiko shivered. "Blast up the heat," she continued, "I need warmth!" "Girl, don't worry, I got this." I rolled my eyes. As the heat ran, the car tires went speeding. I was not missing my book for NOTHING. After a 10 minute drive, we arrived. The library walls were tall and painted with a firm coat of black and dark green, ravishing I'd say. "I remember this library." Aiko said, "it was delightful to come here when I was younger." And she wasn't lying. My mom would take me here every afternoon after her shift, & it was calming. "Well, let's go inside; I don't want to be standing in this cold." And in we went into the library. When we walked in, we found ourselves being towered by a bundle of shelves. "Good luck finding the book; it seems like you'd never be able to find it with all these titles." Aiko smirked. "Yeah, well luckily I'm good at finding the certain books I look forward to reading. You won't catch me NOT having an Alexis Tavir book on my shelves." I went to where I'd normally find her books, and there it was; the last copy of 'For Us'. "Girl, grab it!" Aiko shouted. I looked up for a second, seeing a lady who might've just been my age, also looking to get the copy. "Uh.." She said. "Uhm, you can let go now!" I said, with a stare. Her cheeks were rosy and red, as if she had went down with a cold. "I was looking forward-," she paused. "Forward to get that copy..." "I was too. But I guess you're not getting it, right?" I smiled with a victorious look. "Yeah right. Just hand me the damn book so I can get out of here." She demanded. "Like hell I would. You can wait till more copies come in. But until then; you're not getting SHIT." I said. She got on my nerves, and obviously I didn't like that. "What the fuck is your problem? I just need that book." She continued. "And why do you need it?" "I just need it, I don't have to explain shit to you." And here I was, standing there, holding a firm grip on the book. I let go of it, & smacked her, hard. "OW!" She cried. "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" "What's yours?" I snatched the copy out her hand & left to go pay with Aiko, standing there in shock.

I checked my phone while standing at the front counter. 26 missed calls from Moses. "Aiko, could you pay? I'll pay you later I have to call Moses back." I asked. "Of course." I walked out the library, instantly calling Moses back. "Jenni?" He said, confused. "Moses, I'm sorry I didn't answer your messages. I'm currently at the library, because I heard my favorite author's recently published book made it into our nearby library today." I felt guilty, I didn't even know why he called me so much times. "It's fine. I was wondering what time you wanted me to come pick you up?" He asked. "Uhm, be here in 20." I said. I started to panic as I went inside, grabbed Aiko by her hand, & ran out. "We have to go, Moses will be at the house in 20 minutes." "Okay, okay! Gosh, just let me go." Aiko complained. "Right...ANYWAYS! Get in the car!" We got inside the car, and there we went; speeding off leaving a smoke trail.

"Get out." Aiko, furiously toned, holding her arm with a fierce grip as it started to swell; leaving red marks on her wrist. "What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. "I know you see my fucking arm, Jen! What the fuck?! Why did you grab me like that?!" She continued, almost as loud as a lightning strike. I was confused aswell. I didn't grip her wrist that hard, I only pulled on her. It was hard to focus on her while I had other plans going on in my life too. The day just started, I had to get stuff done. "I'm sorry, Aiko. I'll put some ice on it." I apologized. "It's alright, I guess. Don't do that shit again." "Okay, okay." We both got out of the car, no emotions on our faces. The autumn leaves danced in the wind as if it was giving us a show to watch. My hair flowed with it aswell, and so did Aiko's. "Anyway, I have to go get shit done. I have a 'date' with Moses, and I want it to go down perfectly." I said. I was excited about this one and I didn't want to mess it up; and besides, he was literally picking me up! Every girls dream, literally. I brushed it off and got myself ready for him. "Aiko, when I'm back; let's go shopping with Delaney and Ryah." "Sure, also...GO PUT SOME DAMN ICE ON MY WRIST!" She shouted. "Okay, okay! Jeez."

After what it seemed like an eternity, (only 5 minutes went by) I started to feel weak in the knees as a car parked infront of Aiko's home. I bet it was Moses, it had to be. A white, tall man stepped out the car. "Ugh!" I shrieked. "What the fuck?! Where is Moses?!" I continued, angry. "Jenni! This is Raphael. He's here for Lucas, and I'm pretty sure Moses is behind his car." Aiko said, calming me down. I saw another car, this time actually letting me be able to see Moses  through the tinted windows. He got out the car and opened the passenger side for me. I walked over to him, with smiling from ear to ear. "Thank you.." I said, nervously. My knees were weak, and my smile felt contagious with feelings of love. "Shall we go?" He asked. "Of course." We both got into the seats inside the car, posture straight as ever and buckled in. The cars engine roared as we sped off.

We arrived roughly after I'd say fifteen minutes. The drive to the cafe was very active and alive, & it made me want to rewind it so it could last longer. "We're here, Jen." Moses said with a calming voice. "Ah, right." I had noticed I was in a trance before he snapped me out of it. He got out the car, coming over to the passenger's side. He opened the door for me and proceeded to gently grab my hand to get me out the car. We walked into the cafe, smiling, and overall happy looks on our faces. I could tell he was red, and I was too. I had just met him, and yet; I already feel like I had found my soulmate. But I still had a stalker that I needed to figure out. We walked over to a free two seater table. Conversations and laughter filled the tropical scented air. Children ran around the cafe's floorboards, with adults waiting on their daily coffee. "Jen..." Moses groaned. "Oh! Sorry. I was just thinking about what I was going to order." I quickly said. He had seemed upset, and concerned. "No, Jen...it's not that. I just-" he paused. "You just what?" "I just wanted to let you know that I will always be here for you, no matter what happens..." ! I was shocked. It was flattering, but it was shocking. With no other words said other than a little smile, we got up from the table's stools and went up to the front counter to order what we decided on. "Could I have a 'Shark Attack'." Moses said. "Sure! And you, young lady?" The worker asked. "Can I get a 'Mango Sunset'." I said. "Coming right up! Please hold on until we get your orders in. We're very busy today." And with that, the worker went into the back. Moses held my hand and walked us back to where we were sitting. His fingers felt like soft tissued pillows, and his palm was as warm as a bakery's oven. "Jen," he said. "Yes?" "I love you."