Chapter 8 - Rediscovering the Past

A week has passed since Harry started using the Chamber of Secrets as his hideout. He still gets bullied by the whole school and has been too slow to get to his new rooms a few times.

Be it through the magic door or the shadows sometimes he just isn't fast enough to leave from his classes ending in him getting beaten and having insults hauled his way. Which afterwards end in him locking himself in Slytherins bedroom and having severe panic-attacks that render him immobile.

These days he has been thinking about what the voice said after he woke up, thinking that maybe he should talk to a certain slytherin prince. At worst he'll just receive more insults and hexes.

Though when he will gather enough courage he doesn't know.

The next day Harry wakes up to the sound of a slithering snake. Not knowing if it is time to get up already, but not able to just ignore the sounds of the basilisk and go back to sleep he finally gets out of his bed.

Following the sound he leaves the bedchamber of Salazar Slytherin to go after the basilisk. Rounding a corner he finds it sadly looking at a book, trying to bury it in its coils as if it was an egg that needs hatching.

$ hee will remember sssssoon $ the basilisk hisses at the book.

$ I am profoundly hopeful of such an occurrence, for he pledged as such – though I am mindful that his absence was not of deliberate neglect, I find myself ensconced in a desolate realm. How long my soul may persist in this solitary state, I cannot fathom. $

Harry freezes in wide-eyed shock, perspiration gathering on his skin. He trembled as he finds himself caught in his memories. He knows this voice, he knows this book it's the diary!

A shiver ran down Harry's spine as he recalled the chilling encounters with the memory of Tom Riddle. The diary had been a conduit for Voldemort's past self, a malevolent presence that had manipulated Ginny Weasley and threatened the safety of the entire school.

Harry remembered the sense of dread that had gripped him as he delved into the secrets hidden within the diary. He remembered the accusing glares from his fellow students, suspicion and fear clouding their eyes as they struggled to comprehend the truth behind the attacks on their classmates.

As he stood in the chamber, surrounded by the remnants of a wizard long gone, Harry felt a surge of anger and determination welling up within him. He wouldn't let Voldemort's shadow loom over Hogwarts any longer. He wouldn't let Tom Riddle's actions continue to haunt him and his friends.

His friends – his FRIENDS

Friends that hate him.

Friends that lie to him.

Friends that only want to use him.

Friends that want him dead.

Friends that are only after his fortune.

His EX-Friends.

That is when the memories start to get a shimmer to them. While slowly small cracks the width of a hair start to form. Slowly filling more of the scenes that keep replaying in his mind. Until they meet in the middle. Breaking the illusion cast on the memories. And showing the truth that was hidden behind those fraudulent memories.

As memories of his past flooded Harry's mind, he staggered backward, his hand instinctively reaching for his scar. The pain was intense, a searing agony that radiated from the lightning-shaped mark on his forehead. He clenched his teeth, trying to push through the onslaught of memories that threatened to overwhelm him.