Chapter : 4

The morning sun poured through the window, casting a warm glow on his well-defined back as he sprawled on his stomach, lost in slumber. Despite the late hour, he remained blissfully oblivious to the world around him. His phone buzzed insistently, interrupting the peace of the morning. With a grumble, he brushed it off, determined to prolong his rest. But the persistent ringing continued, jolting him from his sleep.

Groaning, he finally answered, his voice laced with irritation. "What?"

Taylor's voice crackled through the phone, breaking the silence. "Boss, the jet is ready."

With a groan, he checked the time and realized he had slept in. "Be there in an hour," he grumbled, ending the call and stretching his arms above his head. Leaning back against the headrest, he glanced at his phone, greeted by the lock screen displaying a picture of him and his loved one.

A soft smile spread across his face as he studied the image, a brief moment of warmth amidst the rush of the morning.

He unlocked his phone, quickly slid through work emails before shifting his attention to his messages. Among them was a message from his dadu, attached with a news article. With a smirk, he clicked on the link, reading the headline with a sense of satisfaction.

He left the message on seen. Ignoring the other messages, he tossed his phone onto the bed and stood up, ready to start his day. The cold water of the shower woke him up fully, and he emerged from the bathroom refreshed. He dressed swiftly, opting for a casual yet sleek look: black jeans paired with a grey t-shirt and black boots. A quick glance in the mirror to ensure his hair was in place, and he was satisfied.

Just then, a knock echoed through the room. He crossed to the door and swung it open, revealing Sean standing there. "Sir, everyone is waiting for you downstairs," Sean informed him.

He nodded in reply to Sean. He turned back to grab his long black coat.

He slipped into his black trench coat. With Sean trailing behind him, he made his way down the stairs.

Entering the living room, he spotted his dear mother sitting on the couch with his father and brother. As soon as he entered, he called out, "Maa."

Everyone turned to him, rising from their seats. Aria, his mother, looked at him with a mixture of sadness and love. Her heart ached every time she had to bid farewell to her eldest son. He approached her, wrapping her in a tight hug as he noticed tears welling in her eyes. "Maa, please don't cry. I'll be back next month, alright?" he reassured her gently.

His mother sobbed softly against his chest, holding onto him tightly.

He held his mother in a comforting embrace until she calmed down, cupping her face and wiping away her tears. She held onto his hand, expressing her concern. "Take care of yourself and everyone there, okay?" she urged. "And focus on your company. I'm happy that you're away from these mafia things."

Aria's gaze shifted towards her younger son, Antonio, and a sour expression crossed her face. Reyansh could sense her disappointment, knowing she wished Antonio would also distance himself from the mafia life. With a small smile, Antonio acknowledged his mother's concern.

Reyansh felt a pang of guilt as he listened to his mother's words. He knew that when she discovered his true identity, disappointment and shock would follow. Despite this, he reassured her, "Maa, you know I love you." She nodded happily, expressing her love in return.

Seating her on the couch, Reyansh knelt in front of her, holding her hand. With a serious expression, he confessed, "Maa, I wasn't going to tell you this, but I know you'll eventually find out. I know you'll be hurt, but in the end, you'll make peace with it, so I'll tell you myself."