Chapter 3 - I came to party...

✧Danny✧

As Vivienne got the message that the Uber had arrived outside, everyone prepared to head out. It was cold but not too windy tonight, which was perfect for this hour. Everything seemed to be going smoothly but something in me just couldn't stop thinking about that name that I saw on Vi's phone for the Uber driver back in the room.

'Krissy B.'..

It was almost familiar to me in some weird way I can't remember. 

Quickly zoning out for just a moment while the girls were running around the house doing whatever it was as I'm left thinking about where I must've heard the common name before, until Ana chimes in, interrupting my initial thought process;

"Cmon, DJ! Look, the car's outside, Let's go-"

She held on to my arm and lead me towards Vivienne,

"Cmon, girls!"

With Vivienne on my left side and Ana on my right, we all linked arms and began to strut outside towards the car. A shiny black BMW was parked outside with the headlights on. 

Huh...

The girls walk toward it assuming that was our ride, obviously. As Vivienne confirmed that it was in fact the right Uber, we all got settled in and politely greeted the driver,

"Hi girls! Don't mind me, I'm feeling a little under the weather today so that's why I have this mask on just for everybody's safety!"

The Uber driver, Krissy, wore this really bright pink, glittery face mask over her nose and had her dirty blonde hair loosely tied in a low ponytail that came out from the side of her hood. She wore a pretty oversized dark brown sweatshirt-hoodie, light washed blue jeans from what I can tell from where I was sitting in the back next to Ana. 

I can also faintly smell the scent of Newports that was trying (in a pretty miserable attempt) to be tuned out by all the tropical little trees car fresheners that hung from the rearview mirror. She was still acting pretty cool and polite to all of us in return but for some reason, just the eye contact between her and I seemed a little too personal.. Like I did something to her that couldn't have been good. Why else would she be so indifferent towards me? This oddly tense atmosphere had heightened to extremes in only a matter of minutes just the longer we stayed in her car, but the last thing I wanted was to worry my friends, but internally, I was already feeling the panic coming on. I just wanted to get back to my house and not have to go through this anymore but I just tried to hold it together, grabbing my stress relief mouth spray out of my boot and secretly sprayed a lot of it straight into my mouth, making sure I was faced away from everyone because seriously, I cannot afford to freak out right now, God only knows..! 

I really knew better though, than to judge right off the bat about someone, especially if they seem like a stranger anyway. Naturally, there is a lot of Krissy's in LA. So why in the world should I be sitting here freaking out over this one just because there was some tension in the air, it could all just be a stupid coincidence! No one else is feeling it but me, probably. Everyone fastened their seatbelts already and soon enough Vivienne tries to grab Krissy's attention by asking if she needed any directions to which Krissy looks at her, lightly shaking her head gently, 

"Oh that's alright, I got it in my phone already," 

Krissy smiles under the mask as she fixes the GPS on her phone, then before going into drive she had asked us all from her seat if we were all good to go, which we replied with synchronous yesses and other forms of confirmations. So with that, she pulls out of the parking lot, heading for The Harlowe. I was still struggling though. To shake this unwanted feeling that kept on crawling back into my body whenever I tried to simply distract myself from thinking about it, it's just no use... Maybe it was just the drink from earlier, or simply the adrenaline rushes that one would have before knowing they were going to have 'the time of their life' or something like that of inevitable feelings. But I don't know, I really didn't get any of it. It was tiring me out, making my head spin in circles even more and now I couldn't even think straight. I just need to stop thinking so much, that's my problem!

However, in about 10 minutes of sitting and waiting, just listening to the radio and making some small talk here and there, whether it was just amongst ourselves and/or with the driver when necessary, we finally arrived to where we needed to be, finally. Krissy parked the car just outside of the bar full of busy people, couples, friends, other groups of people simply passing by and instantly the flashing lights from the building completely illuminates the interior of the car, and I was able to see everyone's faces a bit more clearly now, even the light brown freckles and wrinkles around Krissy's eyes since that was the only part of her face that was exposed to us. Everyone politely bid goodbye to Krissy B, but me.

"Alright, be careful, girls! Have fun-"

Krissy exclaims as she faced her body towards us but when her head came around to look back towards me, it was just her cold, icey blue eyes that sent daggers right through my boring brown ones, and sending chills down my spine on top of that. Talk about if looks could actually kill.. What was her problem, though? I just nod hesitantly at her, not being able to physically bear being in the car anymore, almost feeling a bit claustrophobic, actually. 

The girls and I have all collectively gotten out of that cursed car, getting onto the sidewalk to watch Krissy speed off, disappearing into the darkness of the downtown LA streets. Don't you know that gut feeling when things are probably going to go really wrong later but you just can't explain how or exactly when? Well, that was my exact feelings...

That's why finally being able to walk into the bar was an instant relief for me, a safe haven, because I knew the drill. Every time the girls and I would come here together, this is usually how it would go; Vivienne would head straight for the bar and flirt a bit with the bartenders, get some drinks on the house (if she got lucky, depending on which bartender was cool with her or just prone to giving into sexy college girls..) Then, if Viv was totally successful, scores a drink or two, she would give us a signal to meet up in the bathroom so we could celebrate the success, like pregaming at the game! 

But in this case, since Ana and I had already had our fun back home, this was all for Viv's benefit now and maybe we will all meet later for another round but that's for future us to worry about.