Chapter 2

As me and Delilah walk into the house I slip my boots off, joining her in just my socks protecting my feet. She gives me a strong look and a laugh before we make our way to the kitchen. I'm passed a red cup filling it with the peach liquor, topping it with lemonade that's been left on the side. I put the bottle of alcohol in a cupboard filled with spices and microwave rice, for 'safe keeping'.

Me and Dee cheers before I knock back the whole drink. She gives me a wide eye look and I shrug. If I'm going to make it through tonight with Harry having Chloe hang of him, I'm going to need to be drunk.

"Seriously babe, if its this bad you should just say something to him" Delilah rests her hand on my shoulder giving me a caring 'mum' look.

"No, Ive told you, he will never feel the same about me Dee, I would just rather make it through these last couple months and then I don't have to face him every day like I do now. I know I will get over this stupid crush when I'm at uni" I give her a meek smile. 

"Katie, he cares for you, even if he doesn't feel the same he won't rub it in your face like he does now, I know he means no harm by it. But, I bet if he knew what it did to you he would feel awful"

She is right, he doesn't mean any harm by what he's doing, so he's doing nothing wrong. I can't be upset with him or even have the right to be. So who am I to stop him from doing what he's doing. "Look, I one-hundred percent get your point, but Harry likes doing this so-"

I am cut off by the dreaded voice. The voice I hoped to avoid all night.

"What does Harry like doing?" He bends down so his lips are level with my ear.

I can smell the mint from his breath and the slight smell of tobacco he's gathered from walking through the smoke filled house. I clench my eyes shut a curse to myself before hastily turning around and slowly opening my eyes until I am met with the warm emerald iris that burnt holes into my soul.

"um- w-what?" I stutter out.

God I sound like an idiot.

"What does Harry like doing? I'm Harry or have you forgotten that already?" He mocks, smile creeping up onto his face. Dimples piercing his cheeks. 

I swear he knows how I feel and just likes toying with me. "Singing" I manage to squeak out.

"You like to sing?" Chloe buts in.

I have never been more grateful for one of Harrys girlfriends being here as I am right now. If you would even call them girlfriends.

"Yes he loves it, it's what he did at college" I talk as I direct my eyes on Chloe trying to avoid Harrys eyes like the plague.

"You never told me that" She looks up at Harry nudging his arm with her elbow.

"Its not important, that's why" He replies. I can still feel his eyes on me as he speaks.

"Shots?" Our eyes dart to Delilah who is holding 4 plastic coloured shot cups.

Saved by the bell.

Without hesitation I grab the green one and knock it back. The rest of the group follow, assuming they tasted the same shitty cheep vodka I did. All three of them scrunched their noses up as they took the drink. Im assuming I did the same because the drink was awful.

"What's your name? Chloe asks after letting the shot settle.

"Delilah, and yours?"

"Chloe" She speaks as she pulls Dee in for a hug. "God are all H's friends this pretty?"