D e a r e s t,

"So you made it. I knew you would - or did I?

How are you all? I hope you are well. Far be it from us to actually be well, but I owe you all the small talk. Small talk, oh how I hated that. Remember?

So it's nearly been a year. Wow.

But much more importantly, it's summer! You all must be in the caravan now. How is it? Still our home?

God, I don't know what to say. I have so much to say. But how to say it is what's leaving me speechless. Let me tell you a story-

Once upon a time, there was a group of friends. They loved each other dearly. All four of them. Countless days, nights, and weeks were spent together. Countless memories and moments., and it was something they valued greatly. After one came many more. It almost seemed never-ending; and it was. But the one thing they should've counted was their days, and they did not know this. They did not think to know this. So rose the sun and then the moon, and in between came the relief. In between came forever. When in actuality, there was a clock. But they did not know this. They did not think to know this. They learned not to count time. For them, time was never of the essence. For them, time was of their own accord. Until one day, they woke up and saw time. Down the barrel of the gun, they saw a clock, and it struck time. That day when they woke, neither of them had each other anymore. Time moved. They moved, and they did not understand. They did not think to understand.

My other letters will be better, I promise. But I urge you all to remember about the clock. Don't live by it, and don't sit waiting for the hand to strike time. But acknowledge it, and live in between it. From now, this moment, to the end of summer, is when life truly begins. You know it. I know it.

Tick tock. There goes the hand of the clock.

My Strays, go live!"

- Brown Eyes.