15.

KAYA

I was no hacker. But I had my ways. And surviving in the Mafia without knowledge would be a fool's way of living.

Right now, though.....

I slid my phone back into my pocket, aware that even if it was tapped by the FBI, no one would find anything. I'd paid an expert on the Dark web handsomely to achieve some underhanded features on this new phone.

I pushed a strand of loose brown hair behind my ear, adjusting my dark rimmed glasses as I crossed the street. In front of me stood 'Coke and Cafe', the place Ace apparently frequented.

My disguise for the day would make me look inconspicuous. No striking looks to catch attention.

I looked around subtly before entering, noting the lack of windows. Brick walls surrounded the place mostly and inside, there was low bass music playing. Natural light barely filtered in and the place was lit up by the artificial light of the many computer screens in there. Good, the cover of darkness was always welcome.

I allowed my senses to scope out the surroundings as I made my way deeper into the place, down the couple of stairs in the beginning. 

From the outside, the place gave a much more dainty look. Even the entrance was subtle. But the real deal occurred deeper into the Internet Cafe.

Raucous laughter rose from a corner where men played pool. Cue sticks met the balls and the sounds rang off. A couple of roughed up kids played darts next to them. Two women kept going to and from, coke cans and noodles on their trays. Waitresses. There were probably more.

People sat behind the computer screens, a group of high school kids made a scene with their loud voices as they played some sort of video game. Girls in boot cut shorts and bralettes, make up done fully, hung from the arms of some better looking guys.

The smell of noodles and sweat was covered up with a disturbing mix of perfumes and colognes.

I took a seat at the bar in the corner and ordered a mojito. The female bartender with dark curls gave me only a split second look, chewing on gum before she got to work on my drink. I took it from me, paying in cash from my own separate bit of money.

I couldn't leave trails.

I held the drink for appearance's sake, eyes scanning. 

Waiting for my prey to arrive. 

Waiting for my hunters to arrive. 

Waiting......for one opportunity.

I slipped my phone out of the pocket of my high waist blue jeans. 

2 New Messages.

I opened them.

Unknown: Gone hunting, have we?

Unknown: Alright then. Catch me if you can.

I closed the phone, looking up as I walked away from the bar, drink in hand. My eyes went to the half-open windows on the side that overlooked the lower part of the side street.

Marcello's men wouldn't make a normal entry. They'd secure all openings first.

I couldn't have them getting to Ace before me. I simply couldn't. I scanned the window on the left before switching to the right, bypassing a leery man before knocking into someone just as I saw two of Bruno's men.

I typed out a response: You should leave. Or they'll get you this time.

I stilled, widening my eyes as the drink spilled onto the unfortunate soul who became the recipient of my miscalculation. "Oh, my god. I am so very sorry, I-"