A Vampire

I paced around my room as I thought about it over and over again. There had to be someone who could confirm my theory. Why not Xander himself? But, what if he lies or what if he is and... kills me too?

I shook my head snapping it out form thoughts of death and then it clicked me, Ayasha could help. She had to help. If she can't then I don't know who will. I picked up my phone, went in contacts and and called on Ayasha's number. My hands fumbled as I clicked on call. The phone was ringing when she picked up. I have a happy whoop in my head and felt lighter.

"Hey Diana. Is everything all right?" She asked due to my unusual timing.

"Well, yes actually no. Listen, so so you have any ideas about vampires?" I asked trying not to sound happy since she answered the phone.

"Well, yes of course. But why'd you ask? Is something wrong? Is a vampire gonna kill you?"

"No! It's just that." I took a deep breathe.

"I am sure that the new boy is not only a human. And I can bet on it." I felt my spine shiver as I said that. As if this would have a consequence.

"What are you talking a-" she stopped mid-sentence.

 "You are talking about Xander. Aren't you? Your saying, he, HE, is a vampire? The one you like? The one who has red eyes and flawless skin?"

"Yes-" I heard my parents coming upstairs.

"Listen I'll talk tomorrow. At school. Bye." I quickly hund up the phone, tossed it on my table and sat on my table opened a random page and started to 'study'. My mother came in. She asked to come down for dinner. I nodded and said I'll be in one minute. I closed the book and went down.

I was ready to go to sleep after this stupid day when I got a text. It was Xander. I got nervous suddenly and my head started spinning. What should I do? Should I even answer it? I slowly picked up the phone and read his message.

('' means texting)

'Hey Diana. Are you sleeping?'

'No, not yet. Why?'

'Well, did you um, figure it out.'

'I will might tell you tomorrow maybe. Alright?'

'Wow, cliffhanger.'

'shut up. Now if you excuse me, I need my beauty sleep.'

And with that I kept my phone on the table and went on my bed. I couldn't sleep for first 5 minutes and couldn't think anything. I felt like, what is this? How are there vampires? Then I remembered something. The hunters. The vampires aren't safe because of the hunters. I knew that Calvin's family ancestors were hunters but I didn't know what kind of hunters. But he couldn't be a vampire hunter. But, I needed to tell Xander about the hunter thing. I couldn't afford to loose him. He was like the other half of me for me now.

And it felt like nothing could change it. Just me and Xander. I thought as I drifted to sleep.

The next morning, it all went by a flash. I got up, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, packed my bag, ate breakfast, walked to school and here I was sitting in the first class of the day. Today was Thursday. I had art with Ayasha. I still hadn't had a run in with Xander of Ayasha. I was just so unconscious about my surroundings that I just couldn't find any one of them. I knew I had clean my act. They both would be worried about me. They might have thought that I have died or maybe paranoid or sick because of the shock to me. 

After 4 classes of the day, I had art. I hadn't spotted Xander anywhere. It was like.

It was like he isn't in the school.

I couldn't feel his presence. I looked around in search of him. Neither his sister nor he was to be seen. I was becoming paranoid more than before. I already was when I found out that he is vampire. And now, he disappeared. I saw Ayasha sulking in the corner. I rushed to her seat and sta beside her. She seemed to be ignoring me. I tried to tell her to hear me out. After 20 minutes or so, she heard me. 

I explained how he gave me hints of he could be a vampire. I thought about it and found out he is one then I researched about them and found out about vampire hunters and then I was worried for him. Ayasha replied with a 'tsk' when I said that line. I gave her a sarcastic look and continued of how he is not here and disappeared.

"Well, looks like you had some day."

"Yeah. Wait, I forgot. He asked me to that dance-"

Ayasha started shaking my hand and started congratulating me and was way more happy than me. She said how it was my beauty that made him head over heels for me and something something.

After class, Ayasha was going on and on about how lucky I am. I was looking for Xander.

Friday passed.

Not in English.

Not in science.

Not in lunch.

Not outside the school. 

Not outside my house.

No text message from him.

I was becoming frustrated on Friday evening. Was I just a toy for him? I questioned while going out to sit in my balcony. 

I was reading when I saw it. I saw him. It was the bat. Xander. I suddenly had a smile on my face and all that stress, frustration went away. Then the bat then slowly came nearer to my balcony and landed on the bar and then there he was standing. Looking as handsome as ever. He looked at me and smiled. Without any thought, I got up and hugged him. And I realised I was crying. He hugged back as I was crying and wiped my tears. His soft hands wiped my tears.

"I hate you. Why didn't you come!" I asked furiously.

"I am sorry Diana. I didn't think it would bother you." He replied 

"N-Never do that again. Please"

"Of course. I don't like to see you crying. Speaking of that, it's enough alright? I am here and will always be here."

I pulled away laughing and wiped my tears.

"Ok stupid vampire."

"You found out?" He said rasing an eyebrow.

"I am really smart." I said proudly.

"Yes you are. So you must have guessed one more thing. He moved closer. Our faces were inches apart. He then held my face lightly.

"What are you talking abo-"

Before I could complete, he kissed me. It was perfect. The kiss was perfect. It was better than I thought it would be. It was, magical. I felt so happy. My mind went blank. He then slowly pulled away. I felt myself red and he was too. It was the perfect kiss. And all night, after he left, all I did was think about him. It was perfect. He liked me too. I liked him. 

Nothing could go wrong now.