4. Uncovered

I was heading to school that morning. Winter was here. Christmas break was gonna start soon. Which meant it was time for the winter dance. I would love to show off a outfit or two but would love not to go there. When I reached school, hoping to see Ayasha, I went to check near her locker. Just as I was about to reach her locker, Calvin tapped on my shoulder and I turned around to see him.

"Oh, hey Calvin! Have a date for your dance?"

"Well, I was wondering if you'd like to be my date." He said with a hope in his voice.

I thought him as my friend. I couldn't like him in any other way. Plus my heart hoped for Xander to ask me out. But I couldn't turn him down. But I couldn't accept it either. 

"I am really sorry Calvin but I can'. I only think of you as my best friend. Maybe you'll find someone better." I said trying not to sound rude.

"Oh, I see. Well then I hope you will be coming to the dance at least."

"Yeah I will. See you." 

And he went to his class. I turned to go to my locker before I headed to Ayasha's. I had marked all the classes I had with whom and the people I knew. I had only three classes with him today and I had only one class with Xander. What a bummer. 

At lunch, Ayasha was chatting away. I turned my head to the left and there was Calvin waiting in line but glaring at someone. It was Xander. He was sitting with this beautiful girl with blonde hair. She was laughing and talking with Xander. So he was taken. I was hoping if he could ask me to the dance. Ayasha must have seen me distracted and slapped my face dragging me back to the conversation.

"Do you have a date Diana?"

"I wish I could. But that stupid Xander asked someone else out. How could he do such injustice."

"Girl, it is not your fault. If he doesn't like you then let him be."

"I like him Ayasha. Remember?"

"Righttt. Ask him out? Maybe he'll say yes-"

Ayasha suddenly stops and I look at her confused. She was looking behind me and I turned to see Xander over my shoulder smiling. Ayasha seemed to be mad at him for disturbing her but I was pretty happy.

"Hello" he said to me when I looked.

"Oh hey. Wanna join us?"

"Sure. Mind if I bring a guest?"

"Of course not." I saw Ayasha throwing me a death stare.

He then left and murmured something to the girl on his table and she nodded and they both took their food and headed to our table. The blonde girl had a pretty soft skin and she sat beside Ayasha. Ayasha ate as if nothing was happening and Xander came and sit next to me.

"Xander she is Ayasha. My bestie." I said trying to not make things awkward.

Ayasha stopped eating and looked up and glared at Xander.

"And who is she?" She asked pointing at her.

"Oh me? I am his sister, Fiona."

That gave me a shock. So she was his sister? But they didn't look alike at all. My confusion must have been seen by Ayasha because after lunch, she said that this shock was to come by. I just rolled my eyes at her talk at she chuckled. We both walked to class together and then I said bye as she sat in her English class and I went to history class. History was my favourite subject and it's weird how people hate it just because of the dates. 

The history teacher gave us like 6 questions and paragraph long answers to write. Which was great because I would like to keep myself busy today because of my parents. Again.

I was outside the school gates walking, when I got scared when Xander came next to me. I gave a small gasp and held my heart from getting out of my chest.

"Hello. May I walk you home today?" He asked calmly as if he didn't scare the heck out of me.

"Well if your gonna try and be a gentleman then start with saying sorry for scaring me. And yes you can." I blushed while saying the last line.

"Sorry 'miss'." I could feel the sarcasm when he said that.

He took my hand and basically yanked me out without letting me to look. I was complaining on and on and on but he didn't reply. He was still holding my hand I noticed when I stopped and  I tried not to scream. He didn't even flinch when I moved my hand out and inch. He didn't say a word nor was he looking at me. I felt angry. When we were a few blocks away from my house, he finally let go of my hand.

"I heard everything." He said and smiled as if I am supposed to know.

"When exactly?" I questioned.

"At lunch. And yes, I have been meaning to ask you to the dance but," he stopped smiling when he said but. Then he started thinking. Like he was trying to tell me something but not directly. 

"The night when you told me you saw a bat near your house and you suspected something with me. Your guess might be a correct one. People lack that but, that's a reason I can't come. It's a time when it's not safe for me or anyone else. But if I do come, I'll be with you." He said calmly. 

I didn't understand. It was confusing. But he asked me out. We had reached our house. I couldn't speak a word because of the shock but I knew I had to say something. I knew, if I make a move and my mom saw, I'd be dead. But I wanted to do it. So badly. I looked at his face. His face would answer my question. He wanted an answer too. I thought. Well there was nothing to think about I wanted this and I nodded my head. I could feel my face was hot so I made a run for it and waved him a bye. 

I looked through my window curtains to make sure he left. My mom was in the kitchen and my dad in his study. I tiptoed my way to my room and locked it. I opened my laptop and went on the internet to search about something. I typed it in in the search bar. Vampires. I scrolled through the search results. Few of them were just some balony then I came across this site which had some information about them. I clicked on it.

I read as they told brief things about vampires. They told things like their love of blood, hate of sunlight, all those movie things. Then this thing caught my attention. It said that vampires are believed that they roam the Earth still they have red eyes and turn into bats. Then came Vampire hunters, am interesting topic. It was a job, not many people take up, to kill the blood suckers(they mentioned the vampires as blood suckers). 

Xander had red eyes, I thought as I paced the room minutes later. He said something about him being a bat. His teeth, I never noticed. He being bloodthirsty, never. But he could be or could not be. 

But my guts were telling he is a Vampire.