🎀 Prologue 🎀

Mallory's, had been a life of much shame. She went through all stages of grief by the time she reached the age of 18. And was, then- married off, to a guy, 13 years older than her.
Spent 7 years with that jerk. Her life felt lifeless. At first, there was no place for her to run to. There was no place where she could feel safe. "The feeling of being at home". She would never be able to run away. Or so she thought. Because here she was, at the banks of a river. Holding her mother's necklace and her favourite novel, "The Lovely Princess". It was the only novel, which reminded her, that she can, actually feel emotions.
The moon shone brighter than ever and for some reason, it felt like it was enjoying the company of stars. Millions of stars shining brightly, and to Mallory, it looked like they were just a source of entertainment for the moon.

There was no time to think about that, right? Afterall, his bodyguards had found her. She was surrounded by them. "What will he do once I get back? Give me more scars? Or something worse?" She thought.
Was there no way to avoid that?
What if she were to die? Would that avoid recieving his punishment?
What if she were to jump in this river? No one would care.
The world would still be the same. The moon would continue to use the stars for it's amusement."In fact, I think, creating me, was the only mistake that God did. I should just..." She said to herself.

*Splash*

She couldn't breathe. Obviously. She was in the water. She could swim but, she didn't struggle at all. Her hands were holding the novel, it was almost like she was hugging it. She couldn't seem to put it down. Until the very end. But, she was glad that this all ended. There is a saying that, "All's well that ends well". But, right now, could this really be considered a good ending? No matter how much she gaslighted herself, she couldn't deny it anymore, She, indeed, wanted to live. She wanted to be treated well. She wanted to study. Get a good job. She wanted to love. Recieve love, and give love. "Hah..." Mallory couldn't feel her tears because of the water. Well, it was too late to regret now... This was her fate.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ♡₊˚ 🦢・₊ ♪ ✧
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ        𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ  ㅤ────⋆⋅☆⋅⋆──

"Oh my god. She woke up."

"No way! Move. Oh, it's true! Call his excellency. Hurry!"

"Asteria, can you hear me? Asteria?"

"What the hell is happening?"