[ 37 ]

【 eliana's pov 】

when the plane lands in mexico, eliana is shaking with excitement. she grabs her suitcase from the baggage claim and practically runs outside. jamie has to run after her.

the warm cancun air hits her skin and she smiles. eliana can't wait to spend the next week with her new boyfriend and his teammates. she knows all about the all star break vacations and she always wanted to be a part of them. eliana is so excited.

she feels fingers lace with hers and she looks over at jamie. he looks really good in his sunglasses. mexico already looks good on him and they just got here. there are seven more days left on this trip.

eliana may not survive seven more days of jamie in mexico.

a car pulls up in front of them and trevor gets out of it. "bienvenido a mexico," he says with a smile. "i hope google gave me the right translation or else that would be very embarrassing. anyway, i have been sent to bring you guys to the hotel."

jamie puts their suitcases in the trunk of the car and eliana decides to interrogate trevor. "so, if you're here, that means you have someone with you," she points out. "is it your friend? did she come on this trip with you?"

"you are so nosy," trevor retorts. she raises her eyebrows. "this is my karma i guess for messing with jamie when he started talking to you."

she smiles and gets in the backseat while trevor hops in the front. "exactly," she replies. "so spill."

as jamie gets in the car, trevor says, "yes, i brought ryn with me on this trip. i felt very left out and didn't want to spend the entire break with a moping and single mason so i invited her to come along. it doesn't mean anything and she is here as a friend and a friend only. that's it. got it?"

"can't wait to meet her."

turns out, eliana didn't need to wait that long to meet the girl trevor swears he's only friends with. she's waiting for him outside the hotel when the three of them pull up.

she is very pretty too. her short brown hair and bangs suit her very well. she has slightly tanned skin already and is wearing the cutest romper that eliana has ever seen.

how she managed to be "friends" with trevor will forever be a mystery to her.

trevor parks the car and eliana leans forward to say something to him. "one of these days, i'm going to ask your 'friend' how the two of you met because there is zero way you managed to pull her," she says.

"i haven't pulled anyone," trevor tells her as he looks out the window. he sees his friend and tries not to smile. "yet." he almost falls getting out of the car.

jamie laughs and gets out himself. eliana shakes her head and helps jamie unpack the trunk. she wheels her suitcase up to trevor and his friend. jamie is right on her heels.

"please ignore whatever these two say next," trevor says to his friend. "they can be a little much sometimes."

eliana feigns hurt and puts a hand on her chest. "ouch, that hurt," she replies. "anyway, hi. i'm eliana. jamie's girlfriend."

she watches trevor's eyes widen and flicker between her and jamie. "uh, girlfriend?" he asks. "when did this happen?"

"last week," jamie replies as he drapes an arm around her shoulders. "when i asked her about the trip."

the boys high five and eliana rolls her eyes. trevor's friend smiles and says, "i'm camryn. most people call me cam or ryn. trevor and i go back to his new york days. i just recently moved to california a few weeks ago."

"that's nice," eliana replies. "i moved to anaheim a few years ago. i used to live in boston."

camryn hooks her arm with eliana's and they walk toward the hotel. "i'm going to head down to the beach if you want to join me," she says. "i'd love to get to know you since i'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time together."

she nods in agreement. "absolutely. let me get unpacked and changed then i can meet you down there. will the boys be joining us?"

"that's up to them," she replies. they both look at trevor and jamie, who are laughing at something one of them probably said. "would the two of you like to join me and eliana at the beach in a little bit?"

both of them look ahead of them. jamie smiles and nods. "sure."

eliana holds her hand out to jamie, who quickly walks ahead to grab it. she laces their fingers together and looks at cam and trevor. "meet at one in the lobby?" she suggests. "it gives me and jamie an hour or so to unpack and get settled."

"perfect," cam says. "see you both in an hour."

cam and trevor head up to their room. eliana goes to check her and jamie into theirs. jamie stands behind her the whole time with his arms around her waist.

jamie has gotten so much more comfortable with touch since they labeled their relationship. he's constantly holding her hand or hugging her now. it's almost like labeling their relationship gave him permission to touch her and kiss her whenever he wants.

she has no complaints though. she's gotten more physical with him too.

when the receptionist goes off to grab something, jamie presses a soft kiss to eliana's shoulder. she lets out a soft laugh.

"jamie, hold on," she says to him. "we're like five minutes away from getting to our room. patience please."

"i just can't believe you're here with me," he tells her. his lips brush over the swell of her ear. "just making sure this isn't a dream."

she turns in jamie's arms and looks up at him. "it isn't a dream," she softly says to him. "i'm here."

he presses a soft kiss to the tip of her nose and she smiles. "the two of you are the cutest," the receptionist says. "i won't keep you. here is your room key. with your package you get full access to the resort with those cards. enjoy your stay."

eliana thanks her after taking the cards from her. she grabs jamie's hand and uses her free hand to hold the room key and roll her suitcase to the elevator.

this is about to be the best week ever.

✧༺♥༻∞

author's note : we have officially met camryn ! so exciting

in case you didn't know, i will begin a new story on valentine's day (next wednesday !) for jack. i'm so excited to start that story and continue this one. so much is happening behind the scenes rn and i can't wait to share <3