Chapter 11

Out in the desert, Cooper continued to travel to find other Trolls like him, but he wasn't doing so good.

Cooper: I'm so lost...I'm almost there...I'm so lost.

Talking Sun: So hot...

The heat in the desert was intense, and Cooper clearly wasn't prepared for this, he was panting, sweating, and moving sluggishly. He was about to give up when he suddenly saw what looked like an oasis in the distance. Feeling both excited and relieved, he ran up to it dropping his cloak.

Cooper: I'm saved!

He started gulping the water doing, but suddenly, his reflection spoke to him.

?: Are you now? 'Cause last I checked, I was a mirage...

Mirage...? Oh...turns out the oasis wasn't really there, it was an illusion caused by the heat. Cooper coughed up the sand he had swallowed up and started moaning.

Cooper: I'm done for...And on top of that, I never found any Trolls like me.

Cooper collapsed onto the sand, not believing he was going to survive in this heat. Just as he was about to accept his fate, a strange shadow enveloped him from above, along with a bunch of blinking lights. He began to panic not knowing what he was seeing, but he didn't even have time to react, an impenetrable bubbled trapped him and he was suddenly beamed upwards in a matter of just seconds.

Talking Sun: ...Whoa.

_____________________________

Meanwhile, Branch sat at the edge of the boat dipping his feet in the water, he had a lot going on in his head, but...there was one thing he couldn't get off his mind...Poppy. He still hadn't confessed his feelings to her and she seemed to miss all the little hints he had given. To top it all off, they almost kissed for crying out loud! He was so close to winning her heart, and it went completely wrong!

 To top it all off, they almost kissed for crying out loud! He was so close to winning her heart, and it went completely wrong!

Hickory: Something tells me your heart ain't in this mission, Branch.

Branch jumped a little when he saw Hickory right behind him.

Branch: What do you mean? I'm here, aren't I?

Hickory: Yeah, you're on a mission, all right, but your heart is with Miss Poppy.

Branch went silent and turned his attention to Poppy who was still sound asleep.

Hickory: Looks like there's a little spark between the two of you.

Branch: Hey, hey, hey, hold your horses!

Oof...Hickory was part horse, smart move, Branch.

Branch: ...I'm sorry, is that offensive?

Hickory only chuckled and sat down next to Branch.

Hickory: Not as offensive as you thinking I can't see what's right in front of my eyes. Did you tell her yet?