Chapter 4

All aboard!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Ay, ay, ay

(We are the Trolls)

Crazy, that's how it goes (We are the Trolls)

Millions of people living as foes (We are the Trolls)

Music has kept us apart (We are the Trolls)

It's time for the hard rock revolution to start

No spats, no tiffs, no fighting

When everyone's the same

We're going off the rails on a crazy train

I've listened to preachers

I've listened to fools (We are the Trolls)

I've watched all the dropouts

Who make their own rules (We are the Trolls)

One person conditioned to rule and control (We are the Trolls)

The media sells it and you live the role

Mental wounds still screaming

Driving me insane

I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

I know that things are going wrong for me

You gotta listen to my words, yeah

I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

Yeah

Poppy covered her ears shielding herself from the loud rock music that really hurt her ear drums.

Barb: So...what do you think, Popsqueak?

Poppy didn't reply, she turned away with her arms crossed.

Poppy: To think that I actually wanted to be friends with her...

Barb: Way to go, we got the pop string!

Poppy watched as Barb reveled in her victory with her peers. But what struck her the most was when she saw Barb put the string on a guitar and it immediately turned red.

Barb: Only 4 more strings to go until rock unites the world.

Poppy: What are you...wait, this is what you meant by uniting the world?!

Barb: Yup, pretty cool, right?

Poppy: No, it's not pretty cool! How can you be so...so chill about this?!

Barb groaned and just ignored Poppy's words.

Barb: You're such a bore, don't lecture me!

Poppy's eyes filled with tears, she couldn't believe she almost tried to befriend a monster whose only interest was destroying the other Troll tribes.

Barb: Dad? Where's Dad?!

The port potty suddenly opened up and an elderly rock troll came out in a wheelchair. Poppy started gagging and turned around covering her mouth, slightly retching.

Barb: There you are, Dad! I got the pop string!

King Thrash: Cool...what's a string again?

Barb groaned and face palmed.

Barb: Don't you remember the plan?!

That got Poppy's attention and she turned around.

King Thrash: Plan...what plan?

Barb: Ugh, okay! We're gonna go over the plan again! 

Poppy listened to Barb's words as she spoke...and also kind of bragged.

Okay. We're on a World Tour. And on each stop, we get a new string. When I have all six strings, I'll play the ultimate power chord. And I will unite the Trolls under one music. Our music!

Poppy's heart stopped when she heard that, was she really planning on doing this? She clearly wasn't in the right state of mind, and she had to tell someone.

Poppy: I can't let her do this...the other trolls are in danger, and I'm locked up in here.

The pop queen waited until Barb and the other rock trolls weren't paying attention and looked around. Using the little strength she had, she squeezed through the barred window and pushed herself out. But she didn't think it through and fell a few feet to the ground landing on her side.

Poppy: Ow...!

She held her arm uncovering it for a quick moment, she was wounded, and it looked pretty bad. She looked around at her surroundings, there were large weeds everywhere and it appeared to be easy to get lost in.

Poppy: Oh Branch...I miss you.

Time wasn't a friend of Poppy's at the moment, she needed to get help and warn someone about Barb. She started wandering through the thick plants, still clutching her arm and hoping she would run into a familiar face or at least someone with a friendly face.