Chapter 14

Lynn went riding on her bike to keep in shape. She didn't do much except go to the park. By the time she returned, all her sisters were finished for the day. Lincoln had returned from hanging out with his friends and Rita from nursing school. When Lynn came inside, she saw everyone gathered around the trophy cabinet.

"What's going on?" Lynn asked.

"Lincoln got trophies!" Leni squeed with joy.

Lynn's eyes widened, "Wait, what?"

"Actually, one trophy and two framed certificates from Guinness World Record," Lisa corrected.

This surprised Lynn even more, "Guinness?!"

"Yeah, apparently, I'm the youngest person ever to be awarded the Gold Eagle medal and the youngest to own a restaurant in the US, beating the one kid who owned his restaurant at fourteen. So, that's a two-fer. Which is why they sent me this trophy to go with the certificates," Lincoln explained, holding it up.

The trophy was really something. It was in the shape of Guinness's symbol, a shiny platinum pillar with a gold star on top, and a golden plaque with Lincoln's name. It looked more impressive than an average trophy by far. Rita and the girls were dazzled by it and were so proud of Lincoln. Rita placed the trophy inside the cabinet next to Lincoln's medal and hung the framed certificates next to the cabinet.

"Now that is something," Lori praised.

"Way to go, little bro. You're really moving up, ain't ya?" Luna said.

"Our trophies dwarf compared to that medal alone, and that trophy is just as impressive," Luan added.

The girls continued to comment on Lincoln's achievements and greatness as they relaxed on the couch. Lynn stood there staring at the trophy in awe. Looking at the trophy, Lynn had mixed emotions. On the one hand, she was definitely proud that Lincoln got a trophy and the two certificates to go with his medal. However, on the other hand, she felt jealous because his medal and trophies were greater than any of her trophies and her sisters' trophies combined. Their trophies were something that anyone could get. Lincoln's were far more rare for someone to achieve, making him more unique and special.

Also, Lynn wasn't proud of her trophies because she got them through poor sportsmanship and with her stupid luck rituals. Which is why she threw them all away. She planned to win new trophies through good sportsmanship and without luck. However, she's not so confident that'll happen. So now, her spot in the cabinet was completely empty. It felt like Lincoln was better than her. But on the third hand, he kind of is better than her because compared to Lynn and what she and her sisters could have done to him, she is lesser than him. He's the kind of person who would risk his life for his family, and she's the kind of person who would corrupt her family to lock him out due to bad luck after losing one game and not care about his wellbeing. But on the fourth hand, Lincoln saw all this coming and was going to wait for it to happen so he could call the cops and get help while she and her family would get in trouble. However, on the fifth hand, he was saddened, scared, and didn't know what else to do. So, who could really blame him?

Lynn stopped her train of thought and asked herself, 'What am I thinking about all this? Lincoln earned these. I can earn mine if I try hard enough. I've won trophies before. I can win them again . . . I hope.'

Lynn joined the others in the living room, sitting on the floor next to Lincoln's feet. They browsed through the channels as they chatted.

"Say, Mom, we didn't get a chance to ask how things went with Dad, Lance, and Gramps at the hospital. Was it bad?" Luan asked.