Twelve: Loot and Conspiracy

Hello! This is the Beginning Note, where your name can be featured for as little as 3$ a month! Any chapters I release while you have a subscription to my Patreon, will have your name where this note is! Alternatively, you can donate to my Paypal. Doing so motivates us to work on this actively, and will allow us to invest in other projects, in the future!

Patreon: https://patreon.com/user?u=83993126

Paypal: paypal.com/RobWillFarm

Thank you to those listed below:
Garrett Newbrough;

________________________________________________________________________________

Before I could marvel at the perks I had gotten, I heard the sound of approaching footsteps, heralding the arrival of the guards. I turned, sending the <Yamato> to my inventory, and stood in a dignified manner. They turned the corner and stopped, spears raised, only to lower them when they saw all of the enemies incapacitated. "What happened here?" The guard wearing a golden pauldron demanded, looking at me.

"These men were attempting to kidnap the children who brought you here, and I intervened. They revealed that they are a part of a trafficking ring, which deals to corrupt nobles, and attacked me. I sentenced them to death."

"And who are you, to sentence these men in the place of the King?" The guard captain asked.

"Second Prince Alistail Eil, or the Eilon Kingdom," I identified myself, displaying my ears proudly.

"Th-the Second Prince? But he's supposed to be a baby!" One of the guards said.

"I am indeed only ten months old, but my divine blessing has allowed me to grow faster than most mortals," I said in a practiced fashion. "Now, detain these men and prepare them for questioning. My mother will want to practice her new ability on them."

"Take them away," the Captain ordered. "Would you and your companion mind coming with us to the prison, Your Highness?"

"Not at all," I offered Siv a hand, helping her to her feet with ease. She was looking at me with a smirk while we followed the captain back through the streets towards the main road.

"So, Second Prince~?" She asked cheekily. "Since when did that happen?"

"Since I was born," I replied.

She laughed, then looked down at me. "C'mon, stop kidding." Silence followed. "...Y-you aren't joking, are you...?"

"Alistair Eil and Sterling are the same person," I whispered to her. "And I'd prefer that fact remain a secret."

"Oh, gods above..." Siv murmured. "I tried to seduce the Second Prince...!"

"Yes, you did," I smiled cheekily. "And, let me tell you, my mother did not like that."

" You told her?! " Siv accused.

"No," I shook my head. "She has ways of knowing things she shouldn't. She's probably already on her way down to the prison."

"Here we are," the captain said, knocking on a door. "Adulis Arrattan!" He stated loudly.

"Adulis Forttan!" Came the reply from within before the door opened. The captain shepherded us inside what appeared to be a checkpoint. No less than twenty guards occupied the space, lining either way. All of them were around level 140; probably older adventurers who didn't want to fight monsters, anymore.

"Prepare the holding cells, and call for a triage mage," the captain ordered, pointing at five of the guards. "You, get a snack for His Highness and his... consort?"