Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen:

Alahya’s POV:

                We were in the supermarket buying waffles. Tristan wanted to buy all kinds of waffles to please the aliens that were visiting. I found this totally ridiculous. We bought whole wheat, original, squared, circular, etc. Then, we went to the salad dressings section and got all the dressings we could find. When we finished with that, we went into the flower section and picked a bunch of lilies. While we were looking in the flowers, I noticed Tristan looking for something else.

One second later, he got a bunch of roses and almost shoved them in my face.

“For you, my love.” He said with a British accent. I giggled, but felt my cheeks flush.

“Thanks.” I almost squealed. He then kissed my cheek; which made my cheeks burn even more. I could smell the scent of his cologne. Ugh, this was killing me! “What cologne do you use?!” I burst out saying in desperation. He seemed pleased and then chuckled.

“I don’t use any, but thanks.” He said sincerely, and then turned again to the flowers. So, he didn’t use any cologne?! Not even axe? What was it then? Was it something that came with being a vampire? “Speaking of which, do you use any perfume?” He asked rather interested in the concept.

“No…?” I never used any perfume, ever. I didn’t seem to find it essential. He then turned to me in confusion.

“Are you serious?” He asked in disbelief; I nodded. He then burst out laughing.

“What?” I asked in confusion and a little of embarrassment.

“Well, I thought you seriously did.” He then turned to the flowers again, signaling to leave the subject. But this theme made me curious.

“What do I smell like, then?” I asked in a flirtatious tone. I glared at him and noticed his cheeks turned a bright red. Oh my God! I couldn’t believe it! I wanted to laugh so hard right now.

“…Almonds.” He finally said; I laughed. He thought I smelled like almonds? He then looked annoyed and embarrassed. “Hey!”

“Oh, sorry, I just find that your opinion is rather interesting.” I sincerely said and he then calmed down we kept walking through the super market.

                If none of us used any of those…were we imagining the scent? Or was it some kind of love potion? Maybe we put it on when…we were sleeping? Whatever it was, I loved it.

Tristan’s POV:

When we bought all of our materials, we waited for, like, two more months.

                It was a late afternoon in a normal Thursday. Alahya and I were studying for her test tomorrow. Since it was a Science test, I had to help her memorize stuff. And, by stuff, I mean lots of things I seriously don’t care about but have to help her memorize them. There was a time that I didn’t need to do this! I miss those times.

Ah, the things we do for love…

                While we were studying, the phone rang. I looked at her with a smile that seemed to say ‘Please get it. I’ve been doing this for you, right? Why won’t you do this for me?’ She gave me a face that said ‘Whatever, just shut up.’ I then held my hands in surrender; she giggled and then stood to get the phone.

“Hello?” Her voice was melody in my ears. I heard someone with a deep voice on the other line. She then looked thoughtful and serious. “Yes, he’s here. May I ask why?” The person on the other line then answered her something that seemed like a ‘no’. She looked confused and said ‘ok’. She turned to me.