17

Rogue woke up to bright light and a whirlwind of noise. He struggled to breath, the air was so thick with strange smells. He closed his eyes to try to shut out the light, to no avail. His fingers closed around a blanket, which he pulled over his head. It did little to muffle the sounds, though the smells and light were a bit weaker. He'd settle for that.

But where was he?

He'd been running from the Vellin Family guards with Orga and Yukino. He'd climbed the fence. Then there was that flash of white.

What had happened?

Rogue reluctantly pushed the blanket off him when he heard a door creak open.

"Rogue's awake!" Cried out an unfamiliar voice. He was hit in the chest by a blur of pink. "Rogue's awake!"

He inspected the blur and jumped back in fright when it was revealed to be a green exceed, which was wearing what appeared to be a pink frog costume. He tried to step off the bed only to find himself falling.

Everything was sharper. The light was less distracting, the sounds were louder, but more focused, he had an easier time identifying individual smells.

What the hell was going on? And why was there an exceed here?

The exceeds had disappeared from Edolas alongside magic years ago, so what was one doing right here?

Why did he feel like he was floating?

He tried to move and found himself on the other side of the room. Magic? But how?

He heard someone rushing in.

"Rogue, you're up!" Stings voice. Rogue looked over to see him. The first thing Rogue noticed was that Sting was wearing a crop top. Why, he had no idea. The second thing he noticed was another exceed, a maroon one this time, flying beside him. "Why are you in your shadow?"

Why was that what he was concerned about?

"Rogue's being strange..." The green exceed told Sting sadly.

"I can see that. Come on Rogue, you're making Frosh sad." Sting demanded. Rogue would have liked get back to normal, but he didn't know how.

As he formed that thought, he found himself back to normal. Sting rushed over to him, followed by the exceeds.

"What happened?" Rogue asked him, wondering if he was sick.

"Some crazies tried to go to another world or something, and you stopped the spell at the last minute. The whole thing kinda imploded. You've been out for two days." Sting explained.

"Another world? How?" Frosh tried to approach Rogue as he asked the question and he jumped back.

"What are you doing, Rogue? It's just Frosh!" Sting asked. Rogue didn't answer his question, instead posing a more important one.

"Where the hell are we?"

"Sabertooth, the greatest guild in all of Fiore!" The maroon cat proclaimed. Sting glared at him before turning to Rogue with concern.

"Sabertooth is the second best now. Fairy Tail is back, remember!" Frosh chirped.

"Since when did Sabertooth have a room like this?" Rogue asked. "And what the hell is Fiore?"

"Our kingdom? The place where we've lived all our lives. Rogue, are you okay?" Sting asked, visibly upset.

"We live in Edolas, Sting. And I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a room like this in the guild hall."

"Edolas?" The other three asked simultaneously. A look of realization dawned on Sting's face.

"I get it, hang on. Lector, go to my office and find my communication Lacrima. Call Gajeel. Call Gray too, tell him to send Natsu over. Have their cats come too." Sting requested.

"Should I ask them to bring Wendy and Carla too?" Lector, the maroon exceed, asked. Sting told him he could.

"Alright, Rogue. I think I know what's going on. What kind of guild are we?" Sting was acting insane. Rogue decided to answer regardless.

"A thieves guild?"

"Okay. In Edolas, Sabertooth is a thieves guild?" Sting repeated his words back to him, to Rogue's confusion.

"Yes, that's what I said!"

"Is Rogue okay?" Frosh asked, a look of concern on her face. Despite her use of the third person, she seemed to be asking him.

"Well, I'm here. Are Yukino and Orga alright? Did they make it back?"

"They're fine! Yukino's downstairs and Orga's on a job with Rufus!" Frosh chirped again, not making any sudden moves.

"Rogue. We're not in Edolas right now. Have you ever heard of Earthland?" Earthland? He might have heard it in passing, the term sounded familiar. He nodded tentatively.

"We have magic here. Sabertooth is wizards guild. You're a wizard. We're in Earthland." Sting explained gently. "Gajeel, Natsu and Wendy have all been to Edolas. They might be able to help you."

He wasn't in Edolas. This wasn't his Sabertooth. This wasn't his Sting.

Rogue wanted to go home.