Une Magnifique Meurtrière

(Georgie's P.O.V.)
Instead of letting me go on my own. Alfie had so generously decided to drive me home. But I had no desire to go home, I wanted to go to the bettingshop and the Garrison. It was most likely where my brother Tommy would be. The car stopped and Alfie and his men got out. I turned, still writing in pain with every move, to get out the car aswell. But being so slow due to the soaring pain shooting through my body, I had not yet opened the door. Giving Alfie time to open it for me and extended a hand for me to take. "Come on, Love, stretch your legs" he told me. I ignored the nickname for me and just went further. Groaning with pain as I stepped out the car and refused to take his hand. I did however accept a cane which had been brought for me to walk with. Considering I had refused their arms for me to hold on to. With a cane in hand I walked around the car. "Fucking 'ell" Alfie remared closing his coat and looked around, "smells of pig 'round here doesn't it? Definetly not kosher".

"No, Alfie" I groaned in pain as I passed him and continued my joke "that smell is just you"

"No, Alfie" I groaned in pain as I passed him and continued my joke "that smell is just you". Alfie laughed his famous laugh before continuing to talk down my town. I watched as he looked from left to right in a questioning look. "Where is everybody?" Alfie questioned turning to me, "probably in fucking bed" I answered him as I walked away with a limp in my step. It was early in the morning that most people where still in bed. Suddenly the sound of a car horn being honked filled the air. I looked over my shoulder and saw Alfie by the driver side of his car. "Are you serious?" I asked him sincerely as I watched the Jew keep his hand on the horn letting it continue making a sound. He reminded me of an annoying child provoking its mother, after she told him not to jump on the furniture. I heard a door being opened and briefly turned my head to see Tommy walking out. Clearly haven risen from his beauty sleep by Alfie's obnoxious honking. His pace slowed for a brief second as he noticed me but continued to come forward none the less. Clearly he saw my wounded state. Bruises littering my face, handprints from being choked wrapped aggressively around my neck and the blood stain shirt that peaked from behind my coat. "Morning Alfie" Tommy said greeting Solomons first before turning to me, "Georgie". I ignored his greeting and just held eyecontact with a stone cold glare. By just my look, my brother figured out that I now knew the truth. About him and Alfie making plans behind my back to take Sabini down. "If a look could kill a man, then we would be at the gates of hell" Alfie spoke up looking at my brother, "you're not at the gates of hell, Alfie. You're in Small Heath" I responded and turned to face the two of them, "maybe that's just what hell looks like, aye" Tommy answered, "no, not according to the holy book. It gives a very, very, vivid description. You and I" Alfie responded pointing between himself and Tommy, "are both fucked, mate. And she" he continued and pointed to me, "is a murderer". I rolled my eyes and continued to listen to Alfie rambling, making absolutely no sense at all. He often just talked for the sheer fact of talking. "the French have a word for a gorgeous murderess. Well, they probably have such a word, but since I don't speak French, I can't tell you what it is" he shrugged simply before a silence fell around us for a few seconds. "une magnifique meurtrière" I responded in French with no emotion at all. Both my brother and Alfie turned to me with a suprised look. "Gorgeous murderess - magnifique meurtrière" I explained simply, before turning around on my heel. So I could limp towards the house "there, you know the French word" I tell Alfie. I walked away but called after them after I walked a few paces away from them "if you don't want me to act on that profession, I suggest you two follow". It might have come out as advise, but it was actually an order. And the two men fell in line, like soldiers at training.

Published: 4th of April 2024

Update request by:
MalikaAlim4