016

I woke up to my head throbbing from crying so much last night. Once I was able to pull myself out of bed, I slowly got out and went downstairs. My grandma was sitting at the table reading the newspaper while sipping her coffee. "Can I stay home today?" I asked. "Why? It's Friday; just push through." "Please, granny. I don't feel good." She carelessly took a sip of her coffee once more. "You'll be fine." I groaned. There was no way I would be able to face Chris or Matt after what happened last night. I made my way upstairs and began changing my outfit. I picked out a black cropped top along with khaki cargos before slipping on my smokey gray dunks. I definitely did not feel like doing my hair or my makeup.

I slowly walked down the stairs before walking back into the kitchen

I slowly walked down the stairs before walking back into the kitchen. "Can I stay home?" "Lela, I already told you no. It's Friday." "Please!" I whined. She looked at me with that piercing look she always gave when she was mad. I rolled my eyes before walking out the door. Once I got into my car, I immediately started driving. Not only did I not want to go, but I would also have to sit next to Chris. I was already dreading the awkwardness that was to come.

I pulled into the parking lot and found the closest parking spot. Since I was earlier than usual, there were barely any people there. I got out of my car, grabbed my bag, and made my way into the school. As I walked into the building, I looked around. There wasn't many people, and lucky for me, I couldn't spot neither Chris nor Matt. I wonder if anything has happened between them. After all, Chris did say something along the lines of, "I told you to stop talking to him." Wouldn't Matt question the whole thing? Like, why would I lie to him? Or why I lead him on? Part of me did feel kind of bad, but even though it isn't an excuse, I didn't know what I wanted. To be honest, I didn't even know why I was crying. Maybe because Chris finally asked me out and I ruined it? Whatever it was, I needed to get over it soon. I walked into class and saw Madi sitting at her desk. I walked down the rows and sat at her table. "Hey." "Hi. You came?" She asked. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" "I don't know. I thought you'd be too embarrassed to show up today." I smiled. "I tried to stay, but my grandma made me come." Madi bumped my shoulder while looking at the door. "What?" I whispered before looking up at where she was looking. It was Chris. He was wearing one backpack strap as he walked to his desk. He took off his bag, placing it on the table, before resting his head on top of it. "I'm so scared for the bell to ring." I said in a joking manner, though I was definitely not joking at all. "You want to ditch?" "By myself?" "No, stupid. Together." She said shaking her head, annoyed, while throwing one hand in the air. "Oh, Mmm." I thought about it. This would be my first time ditching class ever. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? We get caught? And then what, they call my grandma? She wouldn't even care. "Mmm, no. It's just one more day. I'll survive." "Whatever you say!" Madi said in a singing voice. "Back to your seats!" The teacher yelled just as the bell rang. I gave Madi an uncomfortable look as I grabbed my bag and made my way to my desk. I sat down, ignoring Chris.

I sneakily took a glance at Chris. He was sitting there, manspreading, while resting his crossed arms on top of his stomach. I heard him chuckle. I looked over his way again. This time, he was smirking. "What's so funny, idiot?" I said, playfully. "Don't worry about it, love." I immediately started smiling. I couldn't help it. He looked so good, and all I wanted was to be on good terms again. He knew I would fold at just anything he did. I know everything was my fault, but if I really think about it, it kind of isn't. After all, Chris wasn't willing to give me the attention I needed, so why should I give it to him? I may look like the bad guy in this situation, but just view it from my point of view.