006

"I'll go get cups." I sigh, pretending I wasn't excited to drink. I grabbed two glass cups from downstairs before quietly walking back up. I walked in my room, slowly shutting the door behind me. "Perfect!" Madi says while pouring the alcohol. "No juice?" I ask. "Of course not, amateur." She says handing me a cup. "Do you know what's perfect while drinking?" She asks. I shake my head, waiting to see what she has to say. "A scary movie." She says. I smile grabbing my remote. "Catch." I say tossing the remote to her. She turns it on, searching for a movie. I chugged the rest of my drink before pouring more. "Damn. Maybe you're not an amateur." She jokes. I grab two pillows and a big blanket from my closet. I throw the pillow at her. "Hey! You could've spilled my drink!" She yells. I laugh getting snuggled up into the blanket. "Found one." She says playing the movie. Madi and I watch the movie, drinking cups full after cups full. My phone buzzes, scaring both Madi and I. We laugh it off before I check my phone.

*Texting*

Chris- Who are you with?

Lela- Stalker, what is wrong with you?
Lela- Why does it matter anyway?

Chris- Who is it?

I debated whether to lie, and say I'm with a guy, or tell the truth, and say I'm with Madi.

*Texting*

Lela- A guy.

Chris- Who?

Lela- Why does it matter?

Chris- Come to the park in front of you're house.

Lela- No. I'm drinking.

Chris- Come or I'm coming to you're house.

Lela- Fine.

I tuned over to Madi. She was already asleep. "Lame." I whispered before putting slippers on. I slowly opened my door before quietly walking down the stairs and out the door. I walked to the park just as Chris said. I couldn't see him anywhere. Was this one of his pranks? I debated to wait or to just walk back home. "Lela." I heard a voice say making me quickly look back. It was Chris. "Woah, why are you so jumpy?" He asks. "Me and my date were watching a scary movie." I say effortlessly. He stares at me, almost like attempting to read my soul. "No you're not." He says. What he said shocked me. How did he know I was lying? Was I that much of an open book? "Quiet?" He asks. "I am with a guy. What makes you think I'm not?" "I know when you're lying, Lela." He says walking over to the slide, sitting on the bottom. I turn his direction, following him. "Clearly not." I say. "So you abandoned you're date for me?" She asks with a smirk. He put me in a loophole. Yes meaning I appeal to Chris and No meaning I didn't have a date. I stared in his direction, not at him, otherwise I wouldn't be able to contain myself. "I didn't want you knocking on my door!" I snap. "So where does this date think you went?" He asks putting air quotes over the word date. "Uhm." I stutter. Chris smirks before pulling me down, sitting me on his lap. I tried my best not to blush, but I couldn't contain myself. Chris wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me up. "Why aren't you looking at me?" He asks. I stay quiet. He gently but confidently grabs my face, forcing me to look at him. My body was frozen. I didn't know what to do. He smirks before laughing. He stands up, still holding me. Once he was fully balanced, he put me down, standing me on my feet. "Gosh, Lela. You're so easy to mess with." He laughs before walking home. I can't believe I fell for his tricks again. Why do I think Chris actually wants me? He's obviously still the same Chris who would bully me.

I slowly walked home, embarrassed. I quietly opened the door. "Lela." I heard in a whisper. I worriedly turned in their direction, scared it was my grandma. Luckily, it was Madi. "Where did you go?" Madi asks. "I took a walk. I was scared from the movie." I say. "So you took a walk, outside, alone, because you were scared?" She asks. I nod. "Okay." She shrugs. We both walk back upstairs before we get back into bed. I lay in bed, wondering what that was all about. Why was he so adamant on trying to embarrass me? Why did he care about messing with me so much? Whatever it was for, I was too drunk to care. I turned over to Madi, but she was already asleep. I knew I should get to bed especially because of school. I knew a hangover would be bad but a hangover and no sleep would be torture. I closed my eyes, quickly falling asleep.

*Time Skip*

My alarm went off, waking both me and Madi. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. Madi laid in bed a little while longer while I got in the shower. Once I got out Madi was already dressed. "Good morning." She said tiredly. "Morning." I went into my closet and grabbed a pair of black sweatpants and a pink top. "Madi." I say looking at her. She quickly looks over to me. "Mm?" "Last night, when I said I took a walk, I went to see Chris." I say. Her eyes widen. "What? What happened?" She asked excitedly. "Nothing. He just wanted to mess with my feelings." I say grabbing a curling iron. She looks at me, trying to find words to say. "I'm sorry, Lela. Just give it time. You know how Chris is, he just needs time." She says. I nod, knowing she was wrong. I wanted Chris so bad and knowing he didn't feel the same hurt me. Not physically, but emotionally. "It's whatever though, I'm not that serious for him." I shrug. "You sure?" She asks. "Mm." I lightly brush out my curls before putting my bag on. "Are you ready?" I ask. "Yeah, just let me use the bathroom and i'll be out." I grab my phone and keys. "We're leaving, granny!" I yell as I walk downstairs. I unlocked the car before putting my bag in. I looked around as I fixed my shirt. I seen Chris getting into his car. "Shit." I whisper as I quickly got in my car, hoping Chris didn't see me. I anxiously waited for Madi to come out. A knock on the window made me jump. I turned; it was Chris. I rolled down the window. "Hey, Lela." Chris says smiling. "Hi." I sigh. "Who's with you?" He asks. "Madi." He nods. "Then I'll see you at school." He says before walking away. He walked confidently, with a pep in his step. He was attractive and he knew it. He turned back to look at me, almost like he knew I was starring. I quickly started rolling up the window, embarrassed. I watched as Madi finally walked out the door and into the car. "Sorry I took so long. Let's go."

————————————————————————
Sorry for not updating on schedule, school recently started for me and I had to adjust. I should get back on schedule soon.

Thought on this story; any chapter ideas?
Votes are appreciated.
Thank you for all the support!

9/18/23
Word count: 1230