014

I woke up to my loud alarm. I groaned, not wanting to get out of bed. I barely got any sleep last night. I stayed in bed thinking of what to do about this whole 'love triangle'. I sat on my bed, rubbing my eyes. I turned my light on and went into the bathroom. I turned the shower on while I set an outfit out and waited for the water to heat up. I grabbed a pair of ripped jeans, a white long sleeve, and panda dunks. I grabbed a towel and went back into the bathroom. I placed my phone and towel on the toilet lid. I didn't bother washing my hair since I washed it earlier. I washed all the leftover makeup from last night. As I was putting body wash on my loofah, my phone began ringing.

*Phone Call*

Lela- Hello?

Chris- I'm picking you up today.

Lela- Huh? I'm in the shower; I'll call you back.
I hung up.

I finished washing up and got wrapped up in a towel. I brushed my teeth and hair before I got dressed. I debated if I should call Chris back. I picked up my phone and hesitantly pushed the call button.

*Phone Call*
Chris- Yo

Lela- You called?

Chris- Yeah, I'm picking you up today.

Lela- What? No. I'm driving myself.

Chris- Be ready at 6:30 a.m.
The call ended.

I was definitely not getting in a car with Chris. I didn't feel like doing makeup today; I was far too tired. As I got dressed, I packed my bag and made my way downstairs. My grandma wasn't downstairs, so I assumed she was still asleep. I made myself a breakfast sandwich with ham, lettuce, and tomato, as well as one for my grandma. I grabbed my food and went into the car. Chris would be here to pick me up soon, but I didn't care. There was neither space nor time to be caught up in the whole triangle with Chris, Matt, and I. As I pulled out of my driveway, I took bites of my food while driving. Once I finally made it there, I quickly ordered my drink and drove off. I glanced at the time and realized I would be late. I'm surprised Chris never called.

I parked, put my bag on, and grabbed my drink. Since I was late, I would need a pass to go to class. Instead of going straight to class, I went to the office. "Hey." "Hello. Need a pass?" "Yes, please." The office lady began printing out a pass before signing it. "Thank you." I said, grabbing it from her hand. She smiled. I made my way to class, and luckily the door was still open. I awkwardly smiled at the teacher as I placed the pass on his desk. "Why are you late?" He asked as I sat down, placing my bag on the desk. "I woke up late." I lied. "So you had time to get a drink but not be on time?" I nodded. "Basically." I shrugged. "Shows your priorities." I scrunched my eyebrows. Why was he being so sassy? There was already a sheet of paper on my desk, but I definitely did not feel like doing any work. I could feel a pair of eyes on me. Obviously Chris'. I turned to him. There, he sat with his arms crossed while manspread. "What?" I asked, annoyed. "I'm not doing anything." "You're staring at me!" "Why weren't you home? I said I was picking you up." "And I told you no. You still decided to show up." I shrugged. Chris stared at me. I could tell he was pissed off. "Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" I teased. Chris stared at me, somehow looking even more irritated. I giggled to myself. I knew it shouldn't have, but Chris' angry look oddly turned me on. I looked down at his lips before quickly looking away. I could hear Chris silently snickering. "Did you tell Matt yet?" "Tell Matt what?" "Lela, stop playing around." I smiled."Told him about-" "Us." He interrupted me. "How could I tell him if I was late?" "You went on a date. I assume you have his number." He said as if he were asking me. I shook my head. "Okay, okay. I'll tell him. Give me time." I said. "Give you time? Time for what? You don't need time, Lela." I stared at him. No words. Nothing to say. "I told you to do something, so I expect you to get it done." I scrunched my face. Who did he think he was talking to? Especially thinking I would listen to him of all people. Like he had control over me? Never in a million years. "I'll get it done when I get it done." I said calmly. "Get it done now, Lela." I didn't say anything. Instead, I turned forward and began working on my paper. The paper was fairly easy, and I was getting it done pretty fast. As I continued writing, I felt something tap my shoe. I looked down, and it was Chris. I looked back up at him. "Stop." I mouthed. "Stop what?" He mouthed back, acting confused. I scooted my chair away and went back to doing my work. Once again, I felt Chris tap my shoe. I looked back at him, irritated this time. I kicked his foot away as I moved even farther. As I moved away, Chris moved closer. I grabbed my bag and put it between us so I wouldn't have to see the stupid smirk on his face. Finally, he had stopped, and I was able to finish my work in peace. I put my pencil down before getting up to turn my paper in. As I turned back around, Chris stared at me. I watched as his eyes traveled down my body. "You look good today." He said as I sat down. "Thanks." I said, looking at his outfit. "You too, I guess." I said jokingly. "I guess?" I smiled.