Blue Roses and a new arrival

"So, do you know when Newt will be up and running again?" Minho asked while he walked out of the map room to meet Y/N waiting for him.

"I'm not sure, but what I am sure of is that he'll have a limp for the rest of his life." Y/N said as they walked towards the homestead together. "It was a nasty fall."

They were silent for a minute or two, listening to distant chatters of the others and watching the sky darken. As they advanced to the crowd, Minho noticed a figure walking out of the homestead.

The figure seemed to have trouble walking as he stumbled out of the homestead and towards Minho and Y/N.

"Am I hallucinating, or is Newt walking." Minho muttered squinting his eyes to get a better look at the advancing figure.

"Wha- NEWT! GO BACK TO BED!" Y/N yelled after spotting Newt's limping figure and advanced faster towards him as Minho followed.

"I'm fine, I swear!" Newt held his hands up in defence.

"I don't care whether you think you're fine or not, you can't walk on that foot until at least the swelling dies down." Y/N scolded grabbing him by the arm and dragging him back into the homestead. "It's only been a week since you've hurt it!"

"Hey Minho! Help me out here!" Newt pleaded being dragged back onto his bed.

"Uhh. hey, um.. Y/N, what if he tries walking today, and we'll see how it goes." He recommended earning a glare from Y/N.

"If he says 'ouch' just once, it's right back to bed though. Who knows maybe it did heal." Minho added. "I'll go and check with the med-jacks." And with that, he walked out of the room.

There was a moment of silence as Y/N sat down on a chair nexto his bed.

"Can I walk? Just for today? My Butt's buggin' sore of just sitting around for a week." Newt pleaded. "And it didn't hurt as bad." He muttered.

"If you want to be healed you can't use that leg." Y/N scolded. "If you walk today it will be like resetting the timer. It will take twice as long to properly heal."

"I don't bloody care. Just let me walk today and I'll rest for however long." He pleaded desperately.

"Oh, Shuck it, fine. I've got work to do anyway." She rolled her eyes and sighed as she stood up ready to leave.

She went out to help Gally with the construction they were planning for the homestead. A few minutes later, Newt walked out and made his way I to the forest, his limp very visible, and he wasn't going to lie, it did hurt, but he felt so refreshed and relaxed while walking that he barely noticed.

He walked in the forest for a while, taking in the fresh air he couldn't get for a week and looking up at the moon and stars that had started showing up. He caught sight of one of those beetles with the camera observing him from a tree. "Shuck off." He hissed and the Beetle crawled away.

He walked for a while longer, getting used to the paining leg, and then he decided to visit the Deadheads, where all that had died were buried.

He sat down on the grass and read the names on the tomb stones, recalling the memory of how they died.

He stayed like that in silence for a long while. "living is bloody hopeless." He hissed bitterly coming to a conclusion.

Then, as if planned, a voice behind him whispered: "hope is a powerful thing. Never give it up."

He snapped his head back, shocked at the familiarity of the voice. "Y-Y/N."

"Never give up hope." She repeated with a wide grin on her face. Returning the smile, Newt stumbled up and took in her beautiful features, as it reflected the moonlight that shone down on them.