VI - The Vesta Dilemma

Hello :)

Guess who has absolutely nothing to read today?
that's right, me!

Taking things into my own hands and I'm writing instead!

Let's get on with the chapter!

------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------

Rimuru POV

Woah! I can tell I'm in a dwarven country! Just walking around gets me into that medieval steampunk looking feel of this place, and its definitely more civilized than the Goblin Village.
The streets are bustling with travelers and merchant stands selling all kinds of things, Kaido is leading me and Ina to a blacksmith right now.

"This way!" Kaido hollers at us from a street.

"Don't get lost now, you two." - Kaido

He walks down and we both follow, "This is my first time seeing a big gathering of people in awhile." Ina says, "Haha! Well that is to be expected from a country like Dwargon! A lot of merchants come and go selling their products and buying from us, given that there's no clear road to Dwargon, many travelers happen to stumble their way here often as a resting place before leaving to continue their journey."

We enter the blacksmith's shop and find a lot of incredibly high quality gear, particularly a sword catches my eye, 'What's up with that sword? Is it actually shining?!' There's no doubt that this shops got the real deal!

Kaido seems to have noticed me eyeing the sword, "What's with that sword over there?" added that Ina also asked him.

"Yeah, that right there. It's the guy who made that." - Kaido

"Eh?" - Rimuru

"The blacksmith we're about to meet." - Kaido

"Interesting." - Ina 

Timeskip

"This is the place. I guarantee his skills are top-notch!" Kaido said, as we stand infront of a shabby looking smithy, well, don't judge the book by it's cover is what they say.
"Hey, Aniki! You here?" He approaches the door, "Aniki?" I wondered as I follow.

The rhythmic banging of the hammer on an anvil as me and Ina entered after Kaido resounded in our hearing, "Hey, Kaido. Give me a moment." The shirtless dwarf said, "Sure." - Kaido.

With an incredible back physique working away on the hammer, no doubt this was the blacksmith Kaido was talking about, "Forgive us for interrupting." I say in a polite gesture, I didn't bow down due to me.. well being a slime, but Ina did though.

"That's my older brother, Kaijin." - Kaido

Definitely seems like the tough-as-nails workman type.

He moves the blade he's been hammering to a bit of water to let it harden and cool down, then as an unexpected surprise, the three dwarves I saved are right here too!

Come to think of it I never knew their names.

"A slime? and..?" The Dwarven Blacksmith had a perplexed look staring at Ina's getup.

"Apologies, you may call me Ina." 

"Hmm.. friends of yours, boys?" - Kaijin

"Kaijin, this is the slime we told you about." The one dwarf holding something rolled up? maybe its a pipe? I couldn't see it properly. (A/N I actually have no idea what the hell Garm is holding in this scene)

"The one that saved us when we were hurt yesterday." The other dwarf that was holding a stack of firewood spoke.

"Hm! Hm!"

Kaijin stood up from his station, "Oh, so this is the one!" he bows  gets down and bows in front of me, "You have my thanks."

"Oh, really, it was nothing~... or maybe it was? hehe.." Me being me, cant contain myself getting all giddy when I get thanked.

"So then, what can I do for you?" - Kaijin

"Let me explain it in his behalf." - Ina

----

"I see.. I get what you're saying." - Kaijin

"But I'm sorry... I'm pretty backed up at the moment." - Kaijin

"Thanks to that impossible order a certain numskull minister put in..." - Kaijin

"Impossible Order?" I ask, Ina looked to be intrigued.

"We might be going to war soon, so he asked for twenty longswords.." The Blacksmith said while stroking his beard, "By the end of the week, no less." He said.

"I'm short on materials, so I've only made one so far.." Kaijin lamented as he looked over the unfinished blade that he was just working on.

And judging from the problems in the mines, supplies aren't going to be flowing anytime soon too..

"Then, couldn't you have told him it wasn't possible and refuse?" - Kaido

"Good Point." I said, "No, if he already knew this was impossible, I assume that our blacksmith here would've already told him that in the first place before accepting." Ina said, "Am I right?" 

Kaijin had a look of surprise, "Exactly, but then that damned Minister Vesta said..." 

"Oya, oya! The great Kaijin that everyone calls the best blacksmith around, can't handle such a simple task?" - Vesta

"He had the nerve to say that! Could you have let that slide?! That bastard!" - Kaijin

'Haha.. what a flashback, my boss was like that, too..'

'I guess interpersonal relationships are a pain in any world.'