7. A Simple Favor

Aurora's P.O.V.

Location: Sound check at BET's 106 & Park in New York

It's this one thing that's got me trippin

I sing the words into the mic, moving with the beat of the song on stage, practicing my choreography, currently in the process of doing the sound check for my later performance at the BET's 106 & Park in a few hours.

My voice bouncing off of the walls in this place, and my long jet black hair swinging about, Alex having had just styled it for me, washing it and then straightening it out to perfection, I'm really feeling myself right now.

I hit one of my famous high notes, then strike a pose and smile over my shoulder at where the audience would be during the actual performance.

The beat to then changing to the Always On Time song I'm doing with Ja, and that's Jeffrey's cue. He raps into the microphone in that low growling voice of his, shuffling up on stage and planting himself right behind me, one arm going around my waist.

We finish with the song, and Jeffrey looks really pleased with himself. Pulling me more towards him and kissing me on the cheek, causing me to involuntarily roll my eyes.

He's been doing this a lot lately, always trying to be all over me in public, trying to act all annoyingly possessive, really trying to continue to convince the whole world that we are together.

Ugh!!

I mean, don't get me wrong. Nothing is wrong with Jeffrey, and I do have a lot of love for him. Just not... in this way, and he knows it too, so I really wish he would quit trying to worse it.

"Okay, that was great everybody. Really good job, see you all back on here in a few hours," one of the production people responsible for the show now announces to us.

I nod, free myself from Jeffrey's arms, then make my way back into my dressing room to touch up my make up and briefly look through all of my dresses hanging on the rack there. I'm currently wearing a light pink Juicy Couture jumpsuit with some simple white kicks on my feet, but for the show, I'm planning to put on this top that's got the faces of the two legends 2Pac and Biggie on it and a leather asymmetrical skirt, completing the whole outfit with a pair of high heels, which I think I would look real cute in.

 I'm currently wearing a light pink Juicy Couture jumpsuit with some simple white kicks on my feet, but for the show, I'm planning to put on this top that's got the faces of the two legends 2Pac and Biggie on it and a leather asymmetrical skirt, c...