Chapter 13

"I.. I.. I am fine.." he stuttered as he took a step back and literally ran away.. Finston giggled seeing him..

"what's wrong with  him..?!" helena asked and he shrugged like he don't know and left..

.
.
.

Athy was reading a book in the library and ijekeil saw her when he finally looked up from the book he has been reading, that's it, He can't shift his eyes back to the book and kept staring at her. She flipped the pages gently as she put a strand of her hair hindering the view behind her ear.his smile was gone when lucas stood behind her slienlty with a smile and closed her eyes.. She smiled as she hold his hands and pulled them down making him hug her shoulders..

Her smile was gorgeous as she leaned her cheek on his cheek.. It was such a lovely sight but not for him, he felt jealousy crawling up to his heart covering it darkly like a moonless night sky. His hand crippled the page he is reading. He almost teared it when lucas kissed athy's cheek and she kissed back

there is no one in the library other than the lovely duo and a guy who is raging in anger here.. He can't stand the sight in front of him even though it's beautiful. He got up from his seat and rushed to the restroom. He kicked the toilet door hard.

When he came out of the restroom almost after half an hour, he saw her walking leisurely along the school  garden admiring the flowers, his heart which he thought he finally got control of, beated like crazy as his legs walked towards her on it's own.

"hey athy.." he called she looked up, her small smile gone. She stared at him perplexed. Since the incident in infirmary she feels uncomfortable talking to him.

" hii.. What is it ijekeil?" she asked

" Our math Teacher asked to me to brought  you.. Let's go"  he said and she nodded a yes following him.

"huh.. Ijekie..

She flinched when he suddenly closed the room door. They aren't in the teacher's room but a store room in the back side of  basket ball court.

" wh.. What are you doing..?!! "she asked in  scared tone .

"  don't be afraid athy.. I have something important to tell you but your boyfriend keeps bothering me, that's why, we are here,  now one will bother us "

he said and smiled..

Her spine tingled uncomfortably as his words sent shivers down her spine, creating an eerie atmosphere that left her with an unsettling sense of discomfort and unease.

" what do you have to say..?! Please be quick.. I.. I have to go.."

she said. Despite her attempts to engage in conversation, a tremor lingered in her voice, revealing a subtle quiver that betrayed the fear she fought hard to conceal.

"pfft..it's obvious you are scared.. Chill.. The thing is.."

He took steps forward trying to close  their distance as she kept taking steps backward instinctly.

"helena.. Where is sia?" lucas asked as he just came back from his  practice to the classroom.

"huh.. She isn't with you?! I thought she was" she replied

"no.. I will search for her" he said leaving the classroom.

He ran around asking his fellow schoolmates whether they saw athy. Everyone replied the same and the ominous sensation he has been feeling isn't helping. He ran around the corridors searching for a certain blonde.

He stopped in the playground panting

"shit.. Where is she.?! If only i  have mobile"  he thought cursing his mobile phone which is sleeping in the classroom locker. It's their class hours so mobile phone were confiscated by his teacher as per school rules.