Ch. 07 - Cave of Wonders

~~Enchanted Forest~~

I frowned at the impish man as he insisted for me to come in and sit, conjuring a tea set on the table with a flourish of his hand.

"What's this about Dark One?"

"Please dearie, it's Rumplestiltskin! Now sit, we have much to discuss." He dismissed. I gave a small yelp as a chair came up harshly behind me, causing me to fall into the chair with a loud thud. I tried to stand but the chair practically came to life- the carved vine details suddenly becoming actual vines and wrapping around my torso.

"What-"

"Don't fight it dearie," I ignored him, grunting as I struggled and the vines squeezed tighter. "The more you fight against it the tighter they'll get. I suggest you stop now before you're killed by your own chair." He giggled. I let out a shout as I felt a crack against my ribs, slumping against the vines with a pained groan. I seethed as he tsked, my teeth grinding together as I saw him sitting leisurely across from me. "Are you done?"

I silently glared at him and he grinned, "Wonderful! Now, as I mentioned before I have need of you." I nearly gagged and he gave me a disgusted look, "Not like that dearie. What I require of you is simple- I need you to collect a lamp for me." He said, pouring us each a cup of tea.

I frowned, carefully sitting up as the vines loosened slightly. "A lamp?" I grabbed the tea cup that hovered in front of me. "You've tied me to a chair and cracked one of my ribs for a lamp?"

"I only made the vines dearie, you attempted to fight them all on your own."

I scoffed, "Why do you need me to get this lamp? Can't you go get it yourself?"

"Afraid not. This lamp is placed in a cave known as the Cave of Wonders, and only certain people can go in."

My lips twitched in amusement, "And, what, you're not the right kind of person? Let me guess, only good people can get in? Cause I hate to break it to you but if you're looking for a good person I'm not your best candidate. If you knew what I've been doing for the past couple years you'd know that."

"I'm well aware of your plan dearie, and I can assure you that you're the right type of person."

I sighed, glancing down at my tea. "What's in it for me? Surely you know I won't throw away everything I've worked for-"

"I'm glad you asked! What I'm offering you is the solution to all of your problems." I frowned, giving him a confused look. "And what would that be?" He giggled again, standing and conjuring a tall mirror in front of me. I gasped as my figure dissipated, staring wide eyed at the image before me. "This is what will happen if you help me dearie... The prince will be gone, and you will have everything you ever wanted..."

My eyes teared up, "How... how-"

"Now now, I can't reveal that dearie! I don't give things for free... I make deals."

I stood as the vines disappeared, ignoring the pain as my eyes stayed locked on the mirror. "And what I see will happen? You can do this? Does this mirror show the future?" I asked, tearing my eyes away from it to look at the Dark One. "This is the Mirror of Erised, and what it's shown you I can give you. You just have to bring me what I require first... a lamp for your happy ending."

I turned back to the mirror, my eyes locking onto another's as they smiled. Could he really do this? Could he bring them back? Would he be able to ensure that the palaces tyrannically rule would finally be ended? As if answering my unspoken questions the persons smile grew wider and they nodded, their hand falling onto my shoulder. I reached my hand up, my heart twinging when my hand met air. I let out a low breathe, if there was even the slightest chance...