𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

𓈒

𓈒

.

.

"How are you feeling?" Soviet sat in front of him.

He didn't tell him he was deep within the layers of hell for months now.

13th February 1966, 23 hours prior

"Mm.." Russia hummed instead, staring at the clouds more. He didn't elaborate further.
For a few months now his father and he had gotten more and more distant, much to Soviet's worry. Russia on the other hand just wanted away.

"You sure you want to go there?" Soviet asked for the third time. "You love Yakutsk. You don't have to leave."

Russia shook his head. He knew if he stayed in his father's lands a few days more he was going to go insane. Soviet knew this as well. He normally would never allow a child of his- especially Russia- to go out of his sight. But there was only so much even a protective father like Soviet could do when faced with their child's wellbeing.
"I wanted to see Istanbul for a long time." He responded, playing with the curtains. It wasn't necessarily a lie: if he was to leave without his father he needed to find a city outside the Russian lands but close enough to satisfy his father. Helsinki was immediately out-his father and Finland were still in conflicts. North Korea was his father in a different font. Besides the man was very loyal to his father and his beliefs-Russia would go insane there. China..he didn't even consider. He would rather starve. Vietnam was fun but he was with his father, so he was out of the question as well. All around them were either his father's enemies or his father's allies, which was worse.

So that, objectively, only left Turkey.

"My Russia.." his father sighed, moving his hand to caress his locks. Russia tensed under him again. He held his breath, held himself not to push it away. He hated this feeling and he hated what he was doing, what he was going to do, even more. He didn't say anything.

"You know you can talk with me about everything." Soviet spoke silently after a moment of quiet. "I can sense a problem within you that consumes you. It has been going on for months."

Russia inhaled to calm the disgusting feeling inside his gut. It felt like his body and his insides got set on fire whenever Soviet made a move against him. Even seeing that man choked Russia for a long while now; a loss of breath he never got to get used to. No he didn't want to talk and no he didn't want to talk to him of all people. Especially not after losing his trust multiple times. If his suspicions were true..

Even thinking about the possibility made Russia's stomach turn.

Now that he was finally out; now that he finally had a chance to leave his house, lands and Soviet behind-not to mention a chance to find the truth—he wasn't going to lose it. Not for anything.

"Tell me about him." Russia changed the subject. "About Turkey. You said he was your friend?"

"He was." Soviet agreed after a minute of silence, finally pulling his hand back. Russia felt like he could breathe again.

"Why did you fall out? Because he went in NATO?"

"Before that. We had our differences, let's just say." Soviet crossed his arms and got into a more comfortable position. "NATO deal just made things sour."

Russia turned his head towards him but his eyes were still on the ground. "But you want to make amends."

"I do." Soviet nodded. "Things can only go so far with sour relationships."