Chapter Three

Trigger warning: graphic description in the places shown with + marks.

The night binding May 19th to May 20th 1965, Moscow

"I put less lemons this time, my son. Now it won't bother your stomach."

Russia sighed while rubbing his forehead. "Thanks babushka."

"And don't put too much sugar in it! You know sugar is extremely bad while you're trying to sleep. It gives you-"

Russia, knowing where this exhange will go, sighed and leaned back on his chair.

Babushka Alysha was a woman on her mid seventies. She the widow of Soviet's late general, who had died in a warfare twenty five years ago.After getting kicked out of her house and causing even more trouble in the streets, Soviet had found out about her. He had listened her story, and eventually got her inside the house as the head maid (with the promise of all of her children working directly under him, of course. Soviet didn't get into the jobs that had no benefit to him.)

She looked even older from what she really was. The floral design of her wimple had its colors worn out by so many washes. She was stirring the chamomile tea she made spesifically for Russia and looking around in drawers for more (in Russia's humble opinion) unnecessary herbs, but he didnt say a thing. Babushka Alysha was a tidious but fierce woman. He knew arguing with her didnt help, so he looked around instead.

The kitchen they used was a replica of what the people use now, or thats what his  father told him all the time. It was the second loudest and the most crowded room of the house, most of the time. In a house of 16 teens that most considered young adults, that said something.

The two washing machines on the right corner of the kitchen had so many chemicals on top of them with each different labels. They never looked well next to the kitchen utensils pressed next to them, and always gave Russia anxiety about the food he was consuming. Thankfully no one has eaten bleach while having something with vinegar, but Russia never took 'didn't happen's as 'won't happen soon's in his life.

It was a late day, so the laundry was mostly over but the loud hum of the old machines and lingering scent of newly washed clothes was enough to make his headache worse. He rubbed his temples.
After hearing the gunshot, his father had found his reason not to be around the other countries and leave early. He had rushed Russia out of the salon, embarassing him and making him feel like a kid while everyone watched with raised brows. He was twenty for god's sake. He acted like he was still twelve.

The most that stuck to him was the way Britain had watched him leave. Russia had been under the influence that he would understand Soviet better since Canada, a country that was much, much older than Russia was still around Britain's knees-but the man seemed intrigued as if this act was a mystery to him.

Then there was America. The creepshow.

He had seen him again as he rose his head up to the stairs to give one last look at the interior. He was on the top of the stairs, holding the railing with one hand and his waist with the other. His chin raised up as he saw Russia looking at him, as if he was trying to show him he was still angry at him for what he had done (as if Russia cared). His lips were, surprisingly, sealed so he hadn't commented on Soviet leaving.

But Russia knew westerners. They commented on every single thing behind the person the second they left. They were egoistical bastards who wanted nothing more than to raise up the tensions and make the other land the first punch. This way they had the oppurtunity to say the other started everything. He knew, Russia learned the way since he was little. His father was Soviet, after all. The way they would talk behind their back, even the thought was enough to make Russia mad and throw everything he could find to the ground. In the other hand his father seemed way too calm, as if he got used to it. It angered him to the bits. He wanted to destroy them all, but everyone saw him little, even his father. He wanted to go out there, show what he was capable of-