𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Peace wasn't a thing to be described without restlessness. That was the beauty of peace, one could argue, it being destined to fall apart made every moment beautiful. The sounds of the birds as she dozed in and out of sleep were as peaceful as most peaceful it could get. Yes, she wasn't conscious, but she didn't really want to be. She was happy being lazy.

Until, of course, he came into the picture.

"Good morning West!"

February 13th 1966, Washington DC

Yes, she might have been dramatic for applying a huge concept to her lazy morning, but she wasn't a morning person. So she had every reason to be dramatic. So she could say the fall wasn't really pretty as her philosophy books argued.

The curtains of the bedroom got pulled to let sunshine in, causing the woman lying on her back to sour her face. She could faintly hear the maids whispering about her, and while it usually bothered her, this morning she felt too fatigued to care.

"Ladies ladies ladies~" The voice called out, all inviting despite the early hour. That was America to you though, it was like the man hadn't had one single slow day ever since his birth. "You can wait outside while I talk with my daughter."

She groaned, rubbing her eyes with her palms. She heard and felt the maids rushing outside, with giggles, leaving both of them alone in the room.

"Can you not-" She pulled her hands to the side. "Ridicule me for five. minutes."

She heard his chuckle as she sat on the bed. He was standing in the doorway, waiting for her approval to come closer. "No can do~" he singsonged, leaning more to the doorframe. "You called me father once, now you gotta live with the consequences."

West gave him a look. "I was t h i r t e e n."

He smirked and moved his body to the side. "I know. It's funny."

"You are making fun of a  c h i l d."

"Who will you make fun of if not children??"

She sighed, walking to her bathroom to wash her face.

America followed her just to lean to the bathroom's door. "You saw a 28-year-old and decided to call him a dad. It will never be not funny. Especially when I'm still 28 and you are now twenty-..ish something. Hmm. How old are you again?"

She sighed. "Twenty four."

He gasped. "I birthed you when I was four!"

After she made sure his laugh ended she looked at the man with a sigh. "You had your fun?"

"Hehe. I did."

"Good.." She walked out and turned to pick her clothes. "Then tell me what happened."

"Aww." He puckered his lips. "I can't visit my daughter?"

West stayed silent and just observed the man. He had his undercut slicked back-save by a strand of twirl falling to his forehead- just as always. His suit was brand new-which was usual. Except for a few old and iconic ones, America rarely ever wore the same suit twice. He looked fancy as fancy could be and his wide smile only complimented it like a diamond necklace. She looked at his smile and tried to decipher what this one meant. Today felt off somehow- it was just a gut feeling, but West was almost certain he was hiding something behind that smile.

And within seconds she watched as that wide smile slowly replaced itself with a small one, sending her body a huge alarm.

"Really?" America sounded almost disappointed in her silence. "I really can't?"