The Reveal Part II

I don't know how long we were in the meadow discussing our future life.

How people at school would react when they found out. Stella would probably start planning our wedding immediately.

We hopped it would happen before Flint got called to Agni to start his training.

We talked about how heartbreaking it would be to leave our families and friends but we would surely visit whenever we got the chance.

We would be okay. As long as we were together.

The sun had started to go down when we decided to head back.

I couldn't stop smiling and neither could he. He looked at me like he couldn't believe this was happening even though he had basically been prophesying about it for years.

The smiles and giddiness, however, evaporated as we begun getting closer to our homes.

For one thing, there was a crowd of people blocking our entryway.

It was as if the whole town was here.

I looked at Flint in concern.

He probably knew what I was thinking, the only time people around here gathered like this was when there was a celebration or when something tragic had happened and judging by the looks on people's faces, I couldn't assume there was a celebration going on.

Flint quickly stopped the automobile in the middle of the street and got out.

I followed closely behind.

Then the strangest thing happened as we got closer to the crowd.
The ones who noticed us, turned to look at me as if this was their first time seeing me. They pointed and whispered as if I had done something wrong.

What was going on?

Flint noticed, he turned to look at me.
I shook my head telling him that I had no idea why this was happening.

He took my hand and confidently started walking, looking ready to shove anyone who got in his way.

But no one did, infact, they all immediately spread out, creating a path and allowing us to pass.

Flint gave me another confused look but he walked ahead anyway, leading me along with him.

When we got closer to the house, we saw five shiny black vehicles parked outside four houses, ours included.

They all had a golden Phoenix on the back.

"Are those-"

"The royal automobiles." Flint finished for me.

"What's going on?" I whispered.

There were four guards wearing the royal guards uniforms outside my house.

"Flint!" Pam and Hestia came running towards us from the crowd, Hestia gripped her older brother's hand tightly when she reached him. Flint wrapped an arm around the eight year old.

"What's going on, mama?" He asked Pam.

Pam gave me a nervous look.

Hestia's big dark eyes stared at me as if I was a threat. As if I hadn't played with her millions of times. As if she didn't know me.

"They're here for her." She announced.

"Wha-"

My question was cut off when I heard voices and shuffling.

I spun around to see a young caramel skinned lady walking out of my house, she wore an army uniform as well but hers was somewhat different. Two guards followed close behind. And then the most surprising of all, a dark haired man any one in the fire kingdom would recognise instantly even without the gold crown on his head.