part eight

"nothing ever lasts forever"
- tears over fears

I tried, I really did try.

I lasted a week without crying, and in that week my father and me did so much, but everywhere we went I had already been, with Scott.

something that I still can't beleive is that Avery inherited all of the mans fortune, Tobias Hawthorne was his name, and she claims to have never of known him, so why she got his fortune, is beyond me.

it is now friday afternoon and I am packing my suitcase, while crying.

my airpods were playing the night we met by lord huron and all the memories of me and Scott singing it together come rushing to me,

I zip up my suitcase and take my airpods out, I can't torture myself by listening to his favorite song.

"are you ready Lia?" my dad calls from the hall, his use of my childhood nickname brings me back to life long enough for me to grab my suitcase and bag and walk out of my room.

he takes my luggage from me and disapears down the long winding staircase.

I follow him down the stairs and outside to the car,

"are you sure about this?" my father asks me,

"I can't stay here dad, you know I can't"

he nods his head before pulling me into a warm hug.

I say goodbye to him with a promise to call him as soon as I land in texas.

I walk away from my dad, my house, and the life I once called mine.

the drive to the airport is short and filled with conversation between me and my fathers driver.

Mr. Dufour has been his driver for years now, and over the years we've become close, almost as if he is a second father.

so when he drops me off I hug him,

"be the smart girl I know you are" he says to me, before driving away and leaving me behind.

it's been hours since I got to the airport and I am just now boarding the plane.

I walk down the aisles until I find my row, I slide into the window seat and imediatly put my airpods in.

I used to love airports, traveling, planes, but now it reminds me of the trips me and Scott were supossed to take.

france, we were supposed to go to france.

I shake off the feeling of emptiness that has been with me since sunday.

I turn on a movie on my phone and begin to watch the notebook as my plane takes off.

I watch the planes tracker as we are about to be in texas.

I made a promise to myself that I would not cry once in texas.

and I don't plan on breaking it.

the plane crosses the border and the speakers turn on.

one of the pilots loud voice comes across the intercom,

she just alerts us that we will be landing within 30 minutes.

so I spend those 30 minutes touching up my makeup and fixing my hair.

I'm wearing grey designer sweatpants and a matching hoodie,

my hair is down with a green baseball cap pulled over it, and I am wearing my white, Chuch Taylor Converse.

the plane lands and everyone makes their way off it.

I find my way back into the airport looking around for Avery.

I don't see her so I decide to go to baggage claim.

I spot my luggage almost right away, but someone is taking it.

a boy I realize, he's tall, blonde, and has the most peircing eyes I have ever seen.

his eyes meet mine and he seems to know who I am,

"Malia Grambs?" he asks in a curt voice, hesitantly I nod my head.

"I'm here to pick you up" I sigh and agree to follow him,

he stares at me and doesnt look away for what feels like forever.

"can I help you?" I ask him, rather annoyed.

"yeah I- uh no" he says and heads towards the exit.

my phone dings in my pocket, and I take it out.

it's a text from Amelia.

three dots pop up indicating that she's sending it, and when the picture finally comes through, I hold my breath

it's of me and Scott the first week we met, we had decided to go to the fair and bring Amelia and Brandon along.

the picture was taken on the ferris wheel, Brandon and Amelia didnt go on it but me and Scott did.

and Amelia snapped this photo a

s Scott was burying his face into my neck.

"are you coming?" the boy asks me, I look up startled and nod my head

"hey whats your name?" I ask him.

he opens the car door for me but as I climb in I only think of Scott, and how he used to do that.

"Grayson Hawthorne" the boy finnaly says.

his last name, Hawthorne.

he's related to Tobias Hawthorne.