chapter 12

I stared at the front door for a couple of minutes before I shook my head and locked it. Climbing up the stairs, I jumped onto my bed and buried myself in the covers, drifting off as I tried to remember a certain familiar face back in my early childhood.

I jolted awake at the loud sound of the T.V. Rubbing my eyes and suppressing a yawn,  I made my towards the living room, eying my grandma intently. "Um...what are you doing?" She had the cooking channel on, not to forget that the volume was turned all the way up, kitchen utensils were scattered everywhere, drawers were open, red sauce was splattered on the counter, and dough was poorly being kneaded. Granny Linda's glasses were perched on the bridge of her nose, her eyes squinting, as she tried to focus on whatever she was trying to do, cook.

"As you can see, I'm cooking my dear," Linda chuckled, taking the metal tray and melting two knobs of butter.

I scrunched my nose. "What the hell are you cooking?"

Granny Linda tsked at me. "Why I'm cooking the famous spinach ricotta cannelloni with homemade tomato sauce." She motioned her head to the T.V. "Isn't Martha Stewart the best?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah..." My voice trailed away. She sure is best at cooking, but I don't think she is best at teaching, since Granny Linda isn't doing much of a good job. I giggled, moving to her side. "Let me help."

"Oh no dear. You go do whatever you want to do. This is a hard recipe," She smiled widely, pushing her glasses back.

"Yeah, I can see that," I chuckled, going back to my room. Just as I was about to head to the bathroom, my phone beeped, vibrating on my nightstand. I curiously picked up, wondering who would have messaged me. Quickly opening it, I read.

"Meet me at the park, I have a little something that will trigger your memory.

-Unknown-"

I bit my bottom lip hard, rushing towards my closet and grabbing the first outfit that came to sight. Putting my clothes on, I bolted towards the front door. "Where are you going? The food's going to be finished!" Granny Linda asked, her arms crossed against her chest.

"Um...Granny, in case you haven't noticed it's still early in the morning! No way can I eat such a meal right now. I'll eat when I'm back. Love you," I blurted out, running out the door.

"Don't be late!" I heard Linda yell out as I made my way to the park. I couldn't avoid the fact that I was so eager to see him. I wanted to know what he wanted to show me. I didn't even care that he had my number, it scared me that I was getting so used to his ways, that I can't even notice that what he does sometimes is crossing the limits. Since when did he even have a phone? I shrugged the thoughts off. I'll ask him as soon as I see him. Arriving at the abandoned park, I breathed in the fresh air, involuntarily closing my eyes. I smiled to myself, I haven't been here for a couple of days, and I miss this place already. "You look so relaxed and peaceful right now. I wish I can steal that from you," Cole slightly parted his pink lips as he watched me, standing behind a willow tree.

My cheeks instantly turned rosy as I pushed my hair back behind my ear nervously. "So...I'm here."

"You're here," Cole repeated as he stepped closer to me, not removing his gaze from me. I stood still in my position, admiring his perfect face that was slowly inching towards mine.

"What was it you wanted to show me?" I asked, ignoring the warmth that has spread throughout me at his proximity. 

Cole blinked, once, twice as he pulled out a cute, small, fox plush toy and handed it to me with a wide grin plastered on his face. My eyes widened as I took the plush toy from him and stared at it for a good two minutes. I gasped, digging my fingers in it. "Where'd you get this?" I asked, my mouth half open.

"You dropped it when you left. Do you remember anything about it?" He asked, his blue eyes glinting.

"I-I remember losing it. It was my favorite. I'd always cuddle with it to sleep when I was a kid," I mumbled, still looking at it with furrowed brows. Cole stared at me with a blank expression, urging me on. I tapped my fingers against my lips slowly. "I remember meeting a boy that day. The day I lost my plush toy..." I continued hesitantly. 

"And do you remember what that boy looked like?" Cole asked in a low tone, almost a whisper as he drew even nearer to me.

"I feel as if I'm doing some sort of a history test," I forced out a giggle. Looking up at his dazzling eyes that were piercing through mine, I swallowed hard, a long lost memory instantly came flooding back. "He had the bluest eyes I've ever seen...Just like yours." I breathed out, a tiny smile curled up the corners of my mouth.

Cole smirked, clapping his hands. "Bravo, my little bluebird."

I ran a hand through my hair. "But that's the only thing I remember. I know it was you, but can you tell me...all the details?" I asked, fluttering my eyelashes. 

"No. That would not be good to hear. You don't have to know just yet," Cole sighed deeply.

"But why?" Curiosity was eating me up as I waited for an answer.

He averted his gaze, looking up at the bright blue sky. "Some secrets are better kept as secrets." Cole licked his lips. "But don't worry, I'll tell you. I'll tell you when you're somewhat ready."

I nodded my head, hoping he actually would tell me someday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

HEY GUYS! SO ANY IDEAS AS TO HOW EVANGELINE GOT TO MEET COLE WHEN THEY WERE KIDS?

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ^^

LOVE U GUYS! XX