10. You Have Talent

Alex's POV
I let my group do something without me for a bit so I can secretly check on Haisley. I just want to see her work with my own eyes. My daughter being a doctor, my daughter, I raised her. I hide behind the door of the emergency room and see her working on one of the beds.

"Alright, now this patient has been in a car crash. He is still alive but he cannot breathe because?" April their teacher asks them and my daughter is the first one to raise her hand. "Dr. Karev" "His airway is trapped from his chest being crushed." "Correct, you get to come here and assist." I smile proudly with my arms crossed.

"Alright now what I want you to do is some chest compressions. Press as hard as you can and do not stop until they breathe again." April tells her and Haisley gets on top of the patient like you're supposed too and pushes all her strength in and she is doing and incredible job. The patient coughs up blood and wakes up after Haisley has done 5 pushes. "Wow, that was impressive" April compliments her and she has a bright smile on her face and I can't help but smile as well.

"That's my daughter" I say to myself "That is, she's doing amazing for her first day Karev." I hear Bailey say beside me. "She is isn't she" "You did a great job raising that girl." Bailey compliments me and she rarely does that so that makes me feel really good. "Thank you Dr. Bailey" She nods at me with a smile and I get back to my class.

As April's class leaves for their next part she comes beside me. "Your daughter is doing incredibly well. She knows every thing very quickly. I love having her in my team." "She works very hard and I did teach her some things already." I boast a bit "I think we all did since this hospital has been her whole life growing up." April goes back to them and I just smile proudly at myself.

I knew Haisley was going to be just fine.