9. 8 Years Later

Haisley's POV
I am finally graduated college and now I get to work at the hospital. Once again dad doesn't know that I chose his hospital. When I drive there and I look at it when I get out of the car I just smile proudly.

"I'm home" I say to myself and I run in and go to where all of the new interns go to. After getting dressed and ready people have already mentioned who my father is and that I expected. "Hey, newbies time to get out and get started. Meet at the main area by the stairs now." Someone says at the door and we all run, I try and hide my face so no one notices me. When we get there I see dad, aunt Meredith and Bailey.

"Uh Alex, isn't that your daughter?" Aunt Meredith asks him and he looks where she is pointing at me and he has big eyes and comes up to me and hugs me tight and I hug him back.

"Wait! What the hell! Why didn't you tell me?" Dad realizes why I'm here and I smile big. "Surprise!" I say to him

"Wait you know him?" Someone asks me who is a new intern as well. "Yeah she knows me, I'm her dad. Is that what you've been working on? Your internship? Why didn't you tell me?" He asks me

"Like I said, I wanted it to be a surprise and that way I could figure it out on my own. So yeah, I'm an intern here now." I explain to him quickly.

"I'm so proud of you." Dad tells me and hugs me tight and aunt Meredith comes up to us. "Hey Mer, my daughter is going to be a doctor here. Told ya!" Dad says proudly "Yes!" He adds as he claps his hands in the air and aunt Meredith and I laugh at him.

"I'm not surprised but I cannot wait to see you grow here. Even though I have literally see you grow here." Aunt Meredith tells me

"Wait she better not be getting special treatment than if she's his daughter than!" Someone says from far in the back of the interns and I roll my eyes.

"Don't worry we play very fair around this teaching hospital. Right Dr. Karev?" Richard says behind me and I turn around and smile at him and he smiles back.

"That is right, I just didn't know she was gonna be working here. It surprised me that's all. Now let's get to work." Dad plays it cool and I see my step-mom Jo and she sees me and comes up to give me a hug and I hug her back.

"What are you doing here?" She asks in excitement "She will be working as an intern here." Aunt Meredith says proudly "Nice surprise, I missed his freak out didn't I?" She says while looking at dad. "Yeah you kind of did. It was what I was hoping for." I tell her "Damn it, can you do it again?" Jo asks him and he rolls his eyes.

"Like I said let's get started. Mer update me on everything she does." Dad tells her "Really?" I ask him "Yes really, please Meredith" He begs her "Of course, let's go we have a big and busy day today." Aunt Meredith tells our group and we follow her. As I walk with them I look back at dad and he smiles at me and I smile back. I got this