cordelia and percy didn't touch nancy

˚₊‧꒰ა⋆˚✿˖°໒꒱ ‧₊˚
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTE OE

𝒸𝑜𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝒶 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒸𝓎 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓉𝑜𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝓃𝒶𝓃𝒸𝓎

cordelia's pov

-SCHOOL is my least favorite thing in the world, besides other people. school isn't my thing or my brother percy's thing, especially now that we went to some prissy boarding school. right now we were currently on a field trip at a museum.

    "what you see here, they are not fictions nor fantasies. what you see here are the truest and deepest parts of yourselves," our latin teacher, mr.brunner explains. he was the only teacher i ever truly liked, and his class is the only one that doesn't bore me to death. "friends, the gods, the monsters, the heroes you see here in this room are reminders of what we are capable of. now, your worksheets i want you to choose one of the subjects you see here and describe it. not just how it looks but how it makes you feel," mr.brunner finishes.

    i looked up at the statue of perseus with a smile as i remembered a conversation me and percy had with our mom. "mhm, that's who you're named after," my mom says while looking down at percy. "that why you named me after him? cause he was a hero?" percy asks. our mom shakes her head, "what makes you think he was a hero?" "cause he kills monsters," i chime in.  "and what makes you guys think that she was a monster?" percy gave her a look, "mom..."
"not everyone who looks like a hero is a hero, and not everyone who looks like a monster is a monster. i named you after him because when he was a very little boy, he and his mother were placed in a wooden chest and cast out into the sea by a very angry king. alone, afraid. and at night, his mother would whisper in his ear, 'hold fast, perseus.' brave the storm that was made to break us for we are unbreakable as long as we have each other. and against all odds, he managed to find his way to a happy ending," sally tells us.

i snap out of it as mr.brunner speaks, "percy and cordelia." "mom?" percy asks which made me look at him with confusion. "i'm right here sweetie. mommy's here," nancy bobofit and other classmates made fun of my brother. "shut the hell up before i make you," i threaten them with a glare as they all shut up. "mr. and ms. jackson? you will learn to control yourselves, do you understand?" our least favorite teacher, mrs. dodds, reprimands us. "percy didn't even do anything wrong," i defend him angrily. "do you understand me?" she repeats making me scoff.

    "they can't help it mrs.dodds, they're special," nancy speaks up. "did i or did i not tell you to shut up?" i ask with a fake smile. "that's enough," mr.brunner calls out. percy gives me a smile of gratitude and mr.brunner walks over to us, "pay them no mind. when you're ready to hear what the gods have in store for you, they'll tell you. i believe in you both, and i also believe you'll be needing these." he then hands two pens, "hang on to these, they're mighty instruments." i raise a brow at him as i hold the pen up, "this is a pen."