your dad's calling

˚₊‧꒰ა⋆˚✿˖°໒꒱ ‧₊˚
ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ ᖴIᐯE

𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝒹'𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔

cordelia's pov

-WALKING past the restrooms i saw three people drenched, so of course i went inside to see if i could figure out what had happened. as i walk in i see a short girl who looks around percy's age staring at percy. what the hell? "why are you watching my brother?" i ask. "cause i think him and you both could help me win." "help you win what?" percy raises a brow. "capture the flag," the girl smirks.

the next day everyone was getting ready for the camp tradition, capture the flag. "you guys are gonna love this! camp-wide mock warfare, all glory to the victors," luke says with a smile. "who's side are you on anyway?" percy asks as we walk. "hers, always. she's my little sister," luke replies making me and percy give him a look of confusion. "maybe i should back up," he laughs as i nod. "yes, definitely." "before camp, i was on the road. me and a forbidden kid i had met on the way. her name was thalia," luke explains. "forbidden?" percy speaks up. "a long time ago, zeus, poseidon, and hades all agreed their children were becoming too powerful. so they made a pact to not father anymore, and it held for a long time until zeus broke that pact. a forbidden kid attracts trouble. monsters everywhere, it's just a constant battle to stay alive," luke sighs. maybe staying unclaimed wouldn't be such a bad thing. i'm not trying to be a forbidden kid, not that i couldn't handle it.

"one day, we found this little girl hiding in an alley. we were worried about taking her in, exposing her to all of that danger. but then we saw her fight. thalia didn't make it. but annabeth and me, we did. we've been family ever since," luke finishes. "she keeps watching my brother. do you have any idea why?" i search for answers. "the only way left for annabeth to prove herself is to go on a quest. chiron's been promising her for years that one day a demigod would arrive, who was fated to go on a quest that even chiron himself couldn't prevent. and when that happened, she could join it. every new arrival, annabeth watches. looking for a sign that they're the one. usually she gives up after a day or two, but she's still watching you," luke tells us. "can you ask her to knock it off?" percy asks sassily. "calm down goldilocks," i nudge him for being rude. luke laughs, "yeah sure... but what if she's right?"

before anyone could answer horns blared, catching our attention. "heroes it's time," chiron announced. "what's it time for?" i whisper to luke but he just shushes me with a smirk. chiron then continues, "the games begin! the first team to retrieve the opposing flag and return it back across the river shall be the victor. as always, there will be no maiming and no killing. any magical items you possess are permitted as well." "maybe we won't even need swords," percy smiles at me. "let the games begin!" chiron yells as other people start screaming. "i think we'll need swords," i say whilst getting my sword out. "yeah," percy nods.