(Continuation Of Procrastination And Feelings)

*A/N: I have no idea what happened with the last chapter.... God I hate technology so much... Anyway, sorry for the trouble! Here's the continuation/ the rest of the last chapter!*

~

"B*tch, pleathe. It'll be the betht d*mn thandwich thith entire f*****g planet hath ever theen. Jutht you wait, (y/n), jutht you wait." He challenged and you let out a light laugh, turning to go upstairs. You could always count on Sollux to take your mind off of things.

You finally reached your room and opened the door with yet another sigh. There were so many things running through your mind and yet it was hard to focus on any one of them. You decided to just let everything go for a bit, like Jade said. What use would it be to worry and dwell on everything? You walked across the room over to your closet and pulled out a (color) T-shirt and some comfortable black shorts, making sure to grab some undergarments as well before entering the bathroom and spending some time relaxing under the shower head. God knows you needed it.

~Small Timeskip~

You exhaled as you stepped out of the bathroom, pulling your wet, (h/l), (h/c) hair to the side. You dropped off the worn clothing and the towel you used at the utility room on your way downstairs. You had to admit, Jade was right. Taking a nice, hot shower allowed you to relax your tensed muscles, as well as time to simply abstain from thinking about everything that had been consuming your mind.

Sollux was waiting for you when you got downstairs.

"Your thuper f****g deliciouth thandwich ith waiting for you." He called from the kitchen when he heard you walking downstairs.

"Can it even be called that anymore, Sollux? It sounds like it completely transcends the deliciousness of a simple sandwich...." You trailed off, walking into the kitchen and sitting at the counter. He smirked.

"Maybe you're right. I think it needth a new name." He answered and pushed the plate with the sandwich towards you. You picked the sandwich up and looked at it curiously.

"What are you gonna call it?" You asked. Sollux held up a finger as he filled a glass of water for you to drink. You took your first bite and looked down at the sandwich in awe. "Whoa, Sollux! What did you put in this? It's killing my taste buds. They're dead from all of the flavor." You complimented dramatically. Sollux smirked.

"I told you it wath gonna be the betht d*mn thandwich ever made. Your colorful analogy jutht gave me an idea for the name too." He replied. You took a few more bites and then glanced up at him from your seated position at the counter. You tilted your head as you reached for the glass of water and took a swig. "I think I'm gonna call it 'The Tathte Bud F*cker.' It theemth appropriate." You nearly choked. You quickly swallowed the water and let out a cough followed by laughter. Sollux chuckled along with you.

"Oh my god... That's perfect!" You said, grinning.

"Yeah... You know, it'th nithe to hear you laugh, (y/n). It'th hard to believe you're thtill capable of that." He changed the subject. You turned your attention back to the sandwich, your grin fading and the shine in your (e/c) eyes dulling. You recalled your recent behavior.

"...Yeah. I guess I've just been thinking about a lot lately..." You trailed off, taking another bite.

"...Really, though, what'th there for you to think about? It'th not like he wath holding the gun. The guy thaved your godd*mn life, (y/n)..." He commented on your cautiousness of late. You frowned and looked away, unable to face Sollux. You always found the look in his eyes to be quite harsh when he was determined to voice his opinion on a matter.

"....Yeah... I know he did." You said, guilt flooding your tone. Sollux's glare softened and you looked up at him, giving him a wry grin. "I thought you didn't like Dirk, Sollux." You wondered allowed. He scoffed, crossing his arms.

"I don't have to like him to know that he thaved you. Thince he did, I don't really quethtion hith attitude or intentionth anymore." Sollux explained. "But anyway, that'th not the point. If you know, then why can't you jutht... Thay it? Don't you think he at leatht detherveth that?" He asked. You nodded, pushing your face into your hands. You had finished the sandwich - Or, no, excuse me, I meant 'The Taste Bud F*cker' - and you didn't have anything to do that would allow you to escape talking with Sollux.

"I know, Sollux. It's just.... You don't understand, okay? It's hard." You had a hard time explaining exactly why you couldn't talk to Dirk.

"How tho?" He asked. You took another deep breath.

".... Maybe.... Maybe I just feel guilty. Which is honestly true with everyone in this house. I feel guilty that I worried all of you so much. But with Dirk... It's like that feeling is magnified. He tried to convince me to not be such a stupid, reckless person. But I was determined to be stubborn. He didn't talk to me for the rest of the week and then he had to save my sorry *ss. It makes me feel guilty." You explained, even though that was only half of the reason why you didn't want to face him. Sollux shrugged.

"Tho? Jutht go apologithe and thank him profuthely. It can't be that hard." He commented. You shook your head, running a hand through your messy, wet, (h/c) hair. You looked up at him, seriousness lacing your (e/c)-eyed gaze.

"Look... I can barely stand being around him, okay? He makes me feel weird! It's uncomfortable. But at the same time, it's the exact opposite. It's like I hate his very presence, but at the same time, having him around makes me feel better about everything. I... I don't know... I don't understand him, or his motives. He scares me, okay? I just.... I can't face him. I don't know what or how I'm feeling, and I don't like it. It terrifies me." You explained how you were feeling and Sollux stared at you for a moment, wide-eyed. Then he chuckled.

"(Y/n)... I don't think you underthtand your own feelingth..." He trailed off. You glared at him.

"Clearly, I do, Sollux! What even makes you think differently?" You asked and raised your tone defensively. He shook his head and leaned against the counter across from you. There was a hesitation in his stance. A reluctant look adorned his face before he finally opened his mouth to explain what you didn't understand... And probably never would have without his words that day.

"You're not thcared of him, (y/n). You like him."