Chapter 2: 𝗘𝗅𝗎𝖽𝖾

.

.

╔═ ⌕ ᴰᴱᶠᴵᴺᴱ  ═════════╗
⎆ e•lude
↳ evade or escape from (a danger,
enemy, or pursuer), typically in
a skillful or cunning way.
╚═════════ ➥ᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿ  ═╝

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.·:*¨༺ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ༻¨*:·.

Learning the truth of their home has shaken Emma to the core. She has vivid nightmares of Conny being served up as a fancy main course. Emma gasped for air from the nightmare she had.

You yawned and did you usual routine in the morning. Greeting everyone a good morning with smiles on their faces. Your eyes drifted to Norman and Emma before turning back to Anna, helping her with the plates.

Like every day, they give thanks for the food, they do the tests and the four of you oldest kids take the perfect note.

In the garden, Norman asks if Emma slept well, she says yes and comments that she had first noticed the metal grilles on the windows, the tips of the screws inaccessible inside and the head of the screws scraped, considering the orphanage like a cage.

By carefully observing the details, such as the food that never fails to satisfy, the uniform and their strictly structured lives, they discover that all this was to maintain the quality of the product, but they can not understand the purpose of the tests.

Norman recognizes that the world in which they lived was only a demon-ridden world and that, even if they did not know it, they should flee into the outside world.

Then they compare the ship dates of Cedi, Hao and Conny, arriving at the conclusion that the shipment occurs every 2 months, needing to find a way to escape at this time. Norman draws a plan of the orphanage, aiming only two exits: the gate and the forest, choosing the forest, because the gate only opens on the nights of the sending and there would be devils.

Emma asks when they will escape, whether it would be in a night shipment or at the time of recreation, Norman decides that it will be daytime, as well as having demons in the nightly sending, little children would not stay awake for that. To see if they could escape, the two decide to see what lies beyond the forest.

Emma notices Norman's distress and disappointment at knowing that Mama, her mother, was, in fact, an enemy. They finally arrive at the end of the forest, Discovering a huge wall. Emma climbs on a tree, but can not see anything beyond the wall, assuming she should be 2 to 3 feet tall.

Analyzing the wall, she comments that there were no flaws that would allow the wall to climb, but says they would be able to climb if they had a rope. Norman thinks of a way to get the kids, but he does not say that to Emma, then they agree they're going to run off the wall.

Meanwhile, you were playing with the children having the best time of your life. When you saw Mama with a bell, your eyes sparkled. "Mama!!" You called, grabbing her attention.