xiii. joined in matrimony

venti

it's the day i've been waiting for since childhood. i've had dreams of it since i was a five year old baby. marriage. what a peculiar concept, yet so intricately crafted as well? to be bound in love officially, with an actual record that you love this person so much, that you'd sign in their name. so strange, yet we all wish for it, don't we?

i can't wait to watch xiao walk down the aisle to me. i know he'll look stunning. scaramouche won't let me go see him, he says that the outfit is a surprise. all i know is it's green and white. that's something xiao always wanted.

i'll be honest, i'm terrified. terrified at the prospect of having so many responsibilities all of a sudden, of being a married man. i'm scared of the constant harassment i'll have to face from my family now.

-

it's time. i'm standing at the altar, clad in a black suit and green under vest. my fingers are adorned with gold. it's the moment i've been waiting for.

xiao chose scaramouche to be his best man. i chose mika. ganyu, who came back from sumeru, appears at the entrance of the venue, with xiao at her hand. xiao chose her to walk him down the aisle, a gesture i find endearing, since he'll be doing the same for her soon at her wedding.

xiao's sight will always be astonishing to me. he's perfect today. he's wearing a dark green hanfu, with a white belt and silver embroidery. there's a small pendant of an anemo symbol sitting at his collarbone. his eyes have been lined with red wings, and a tiny diamond sits on his forehead.

ganyu walks him down the aisle towards me. i've never waited so long in anticipation for a moment, like i have right now. it seems to take too long for him to reach me, even though he's so close. 

scaramouche helps xiao up the steps. scara himself doesn't look too bad today. he wears a light purple kimono, with a  dark purple belt. he's also wearing eyeliner today, and finally attempted to fix his perpetually messy hair. 

i see kazuha and heizou sitting in the front row of the audience. they themselves will get married soon. kazuha is wearing a red kimono with leaves on it. heizou is in his formal police uniform. they clap the loudest out of everyone as xiao steps onto the altar.

the vows go by like a blur. i'm staring at the man i love the most in the world. the man i've chosen to stay with me for the rest of my life. i'm elated. i'm on cloud nine. the wind has brought me to this place right now, and i'll always thank the angel of the wind for it.

"do you rightfully take xiao to be your husband?" 

"yes."

"do you take venti to be your husband?"

"yes."

we didn't wait for the man to tell us to kiss.