xii. 10 years later

surprise surprise, motherduckers. 

i came back with a 2.2k views/110 vote special since i love you guys a little too much.

savor it, you'll get another one at 4.4k or 220 votes 💪🤪

---

scaramouche

---

the entire apartment is in shambles as we all struggle to find hiding spots. it's all that dumbass venti's idea. a grand proposal or some shit like that. it doesn't matter to me, i came here for the cake and food anyway.

xiao should be walking inside anytime now, since his shift ended approximately 5 minutes ago. fucking tortoise ball sucker. it would've taken me 2 minutes to get back, it's taking him the amount of time it takes me to cure my own depression.

the front door lock clicks, so heizou quite literally jumps inside the empty fridge. i stifle my laughs as xiao walks into the kitchen.

"uh, hello? i thought you guys said to meet here at 5?" xiao looks around nervously.

venti taps on his shoulder, and whirls him around to kiss his cheek.

i flip on the lights from my hiding spot, and all of us, even semi-frozen heizou, scream "surprise!"

xiao's lips tip upward in a slight smile, and embraces venti.

"no, no, that come's afterward. right now..." venti shakes his head, and gets down on his knees.

"will you marry me, xiao?"

"WOOHOOOOOO!" heizou screams, and we all dance in a circle around the engaged couple.

"i guess i really did say yes to heaven when i met you guys," xiao grins, before being hit in the face with a chunk of cake, from kazuha.

an absolutely horrendous cake war breaks out, and there's no way i'm about to lose to these little fuckers. i pick up two pieces in my hand and smash kazuha and heizou's faces, taking them by surprise. 

i feel something cold hit my head, and turn around to see xiao running and laughing. even timid little xiao has broken out of his shell. i can't help but be proud.

i flop onto the sofa, and watch the madness continue. for maybe the first time in a long time, i don't feel, anger, regret, or sadness. only pure joy. after every evil comes prosperity. i thank our angels, angel of the wind, mikaela. i thank a far away god, for letting me be in this moment right now.

i thank the four dumbasses running around in the kitchen, for making my life worth living.

i'm not the one about to get married, but i'm absolutely ecstatic. 

life's beautiful, for once.