The Date

Harry and I decided to go to The Three Broomsticks for our date. The cozy atmosphere of the popular wizarding pub welcomed us as we found a secluded corner. The low hum of conversations and the flickering candlelight added a warm glow to the air. We sat next to each other, the table adorned with two cups of butterbeer and a plate of warm pasties. The chatter of other patrons formed a pleasant background noise, giving us a sense of privacy within the bustling establishment.

     For a while, things were a bit awkward but eventually, things smoothed out between us. As we kept talking everything felt natural between us, like it always had. The flickering candlelight cast a cozy glow over our corner. We were sitting centimeters apart from each other, laughing and talking about everything we'd seen since we got to Hogwarts. The moment felt right, almost inevitable, as our lips met in a gentle and innocent kiss. His hand gently cupped my face tilting it up to meet his lips. It was brief, only lasting a few seconds, but it was sweet.

      We walked together back to the castle. His hand slipped into mine, our fingers entwined. My lips subconsciously curled into a smile. The cold November air stung against my checks, but I didn't care. I was too distracted. For once the distraction was good. I wasn't worried about what my friends thought. I wasn't even thinking about what happened with Draco anymore. I didn't care. 

     At least I thought I didn't care anymore. As we were walking back, I saw him. Draco was with Crabbe and Goyle. His eyes were angry. Harry's hand moved to hold me around my waist. 

     "What's going on here?" Draco's voice was sharp, cutting through the air like a knife.

     Harry's grip tightened subtly, a protective gesture that didn't go unnoticed by Draco. "Just taking a walk," he replied calmly, though I could sense an underlying tension in his tone.

      Draco's gaze narrowed, his jaw clenched in barely contained frustration. "Funny, it looks more like you're encroaching on Slytherin territory."

      I felt a surge of anger rise within me. "We're not in Slytherin territory, Draco. We're in Hogsmeade," I retorted, my voice laced with irritation.

       Draco's lips curled into a sneer as he took a step closer, his eyes flickering with a mixture of anger and resentment. "Doesn't change the fact that you're here, Y/N," he shot back, his voice dripping with disdain.

      Harry's jaw tightened as he squared his shoulders, meeting Draco's gaze with steely determination. "She's free to be wherever she wants, Malfoy," he retorted, his voice firm.

       The tension between them crackled in the air, thickening with each passing moment. I could feel the weight of their animosity pressing down on me, caught in the middle of a conflict that seemed to have no end in sight.

     Draco's nostrils flared as he clenched his fists, his temper flaring. "Don't act like you know anything about her, Potter," he spat out, his voice laced with venom.

      "As if you know her at all,"

      "She's not as innocent as you think," Draco snickered. 

      "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Harry glared at him before his eyes wandered over to me.  My arm was wrapped around his.

      "Don't listen to him," I said, "he's just making things up,"

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆