(1.6) Perfect Day For Rain

At The Same Time...

Maya sits in her room doing her homework, humming along to a tune as she writes away. Her phone buzzes, putting down her pencil, she sees a text from a group chat she has with Lily and Kaz.

Kaz: Interesting... Just got word that our meeting with the others got canceled

Lily: Thank god. Can't handle 2 meetings in a week, especially on a weeknight

Kaz: We'll have to assume regular night patrols instead

Lily: :(

Maya: Anything happen?

Kaz: Something about the boss having a sudden family event

Maya: Aw, sorry to hear that

Kaz: He said there isn't much to worry about, should be back in a couple days

Kaz: According to him

Lily: Anything else?

Kaz: Nope, see you both this evening.

Lily: See ya!

Maya: Bye!

As soon as Maya sends the text, she returns to her work, waiting for the call to patrol.

___________________________________

"Ah, Leon. It's been a while. I never thought we'd meet again." The blonde man smiles, taking a puff of his cigarette.

Leon stays still, panicking as he watches the man before him motion for Leon to sit.

"Please, sit. Mr. Rowan here can fix us some drinks while we talk."

It took Leon a second to process the man's words before he dropped his backpack on the counter.

"If you would, Mr. Rowan, a glass of whiskey for me. "At his words, Curtis slowly gets out of the booth. He and Leon pass each other, each giving a worrying glance as Leon sits across from the blonde man.

"You look tense, Leon."

"I wasn't expecting to see you, especially so soon." The boy replied, his eyes shifting nervously towards Curtis, who was slowly bringing the blonde man his drink.

While he tried to make light of the situation, Leon was trembling at the sight of the man in front of him. He was pretty sure that Bergeron and Curtis noticed his demeanor.

"Much appreciated, Mr. Rowan." The man thanks Curtis as his drink is placed. "Would you like anything, Leon?"

"I... I'm fine."

"Hm, whatever you say." The man takes a sip of his whiskey before turning to Curtis.

"Now, Mr. Rowan. What I want you to do is go over there." He points to the stool in front of the counter. "You're going to sit there and face us as we talk. You will sit there until our conversation is finished."

"Y-yes..." Curtis walks over, grabs a stool, and sits on it.

"Now, if either of you attempt to do something to me." He pulls out a pistol and sets it next to him. "I have guys on every corner in a two-block radius, ordered to burn this place down and kill any occupant if I don't leave here alive. Understood?"

The two nod at the man's words. With their acknowledgment, the man grabs something from his pocket. It is a cone-shaped device. The man twists and adjusts the device. When he finishes, he taps the top of the cone. A force field appears that encompasses the booth. Curtis watches as the two begin to talk, their conversation muted by the device.