(1.1) Yuusha City

50 years ago, a series of meteor showers pelted the earth. While most burned up in the atmosphere, it is estimated that almost 1,000 meteors made it to the ground. Those who managed to find and touch a meteorite were granted a special gift, superpowers. In the following decades, these "super-soldiers" were used as weapons and soldiers for the next world war by their respective countries. It is the year 2090, 20 years after the end of World War 3. The world has changed so much over the past century, new countries, alliances, and people.  After decades of economic instability, the United States is entering its turnaround. The economy and quality of life in the country is steadily climbing, despite the high crime rate. The appearance of 'yuushas' around the world has led to a new era of great peace.

The red sun rises on a cool Autumn day, the glowing light shining upon a city. A city that has experienced so much history over the previous century. A city that has gone through the highest highs and the lowest lows. Unknown to the denizens of this city, a new era dawned upon them when the sun rose.

6:10 AM

Monday, October 2nd

Year 2090

Seattle, Washington

The light of the rising sun invades through the windows of a bedroom. The occupant of said bedroom, a young girl, groans as she wakes up, the harsh sunlight shining right upon her. She gets up from her bed, stretching as her joints pop. 

Rummaging through her closet, the girl puts on a pair of pink pajamas as she makes her way out of the bedroom, yawning. She makes her way down the stairs; a small smile comes to her face as she hears sounds coming out of the kitchen. 

When she enters said kitchen, she notices a middle-aged woman standing next to the stove, cooking eggs. Nearby, a man around the same age sits, staring at a TV playing the news as he sips his coffee. 

The woman turns to her, giving her an aged smile. 

"Ohayo, Maya..."

"Ohayo Okaa-san, Otou-san."

The man smiled, responding, "Ohayo."

Maya walked to the table, sitting down opposite her father. Her mother turned back to working on breakfast.

"I'm making tomogoyaki right now, and toast should be ready in a moment."

"Mm, I'm starving."

The father took a sip of his coffee, looking up at her. "You're up a little early aren't you?"

Maya nodded. "The principal wanted to meet with the student council a little early before the day started."

Her father nodded, staring back at the TV as the weatherman reported. It looked like rain would be coming in later this week.

'When doesn't it rain in Seattle.' Maya thought.

"Micah, breakfast is almost ready. Can you grab plates please?"

"Of course darling." The father got out of his seat, turning to Maya.

"You want anything to drink? Orange Juice?"

She shook her head, "Just water please."

Micah left with a nod, going to grab drinks and plates.

Maya smiled, turning back to watch the news. The smile turning into a frown as she saw what came up on the screen, turning the volume up on the nearby remote.

"And we just wanted to let everyone know that last night, police found a potential suspect in the bombing of the Providence hospital in downtown Seattle that occurred on this day last month. The suspect was in an armed standoff with police in his home in Bremerton for around 13 hours before surrendering himself. Upon inspection, officers found around two hundred firearms and close to five thousand rounds of ammunition in his home. It is believed that the suspect is an associate of the domestic terrorist group, The Apostles of Jeremiah."